Doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit My Way

Today is Day 2 of Jamie Eason's 12 Week LiveFit Program and I've not long arrived home after today's back and biceps session at the gym.

The weather is fabulous here in Melbourne this Anzac Day so I walked the 1.6km to the gym and the 1.6km home with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step.

The Strand here in Williamstown was buzzing with people walking and running and walking dogs and riding bikes, it's a great vibe on a day like today.

It feels good to be following a training schedule again.

I chose this program because right now the training phases suit me.

For the first 2 weeks, there are 4 back to back weight training days and 3 days recovery.

The second 2 weeks introduce a 5th weight training day, a second leg day.

Then in Phase 2 cardio is introduced along with a 6th weight training day.

The 3rd Phase increases the intensity of the cardio sessions.

My body is in pretty good shape at the moment, my hip is pain-free and has been for weeks, it's the first time I've been able to say that in a while.

It's no accident though!

No running and a break from Taekwondo along with the introduction of reformer pilates and a new massage therapist have all contributed to feeling as good as I do.

Jamie's program means I'll start out gently and build up to the intensity I like to train at over weeks instead of going at it like a bull at a gate and crashing and burning because I was over-enthusiastic!

When I say I'm doing it MY way I mean the nutrition.

The training plan is solid and suits me perfectly but there's no way I'll restrict my calories to 1200 a day, just not happening.

My fatloss sweet spot is around 1600 calories a day at this workload so that's where I'll be sitting.

I plan to work off 11,200 calories per week rather than a daily intake though and I plan to track my calories from Friday's so if I overdo it at any stage over the weekend I know I have to make adjustments during the following week.

I plan on enjoying a glass of red wine each night and I'll be counting that as carb macro's in my tracking.

I'm carb tolerant so I'll be sitting at around 120g of carbs, 50g of fats and 135g of protein.

I like to keep things simple foodwise so lean protein, lots of veggies and good fats.

I'm not really into meals that require recipes when I'm leaning down because I just can't be assed to be honest and I'm happy eating kangaroo burgers, chicken, eggs or steak and salad or steamed veg.

Today looked like this:

3 eggwhites & 1 full egg cooked in a nonstick pan with a side of sweet potato and fresh tomato.

Post workout protein in water with coconut oil and a pear.

Chicken thigh, sweet potato and steamed greens.

Dinner will be eye fillet steak, salad with avocado, olive oil & balsamic and a glass of red.

Yesterday was the same except for dinner I had a green curry made with light coconut oil (no rice).

My usual 3kg has crept on as I've taken a break from decent training for a few weeks while I let my hip come good (pilates and walking don't cut it) so I'm keen to shift that and feel better in my clothes again.

Nothing sucks more than being in the gym when I'm not in my usual shape!!

I seem to be on top of the effing horrific peri-menopause symptoms that plagued me for most of last year, my periods are spaced far apart now and the months in between are bliss!

With that going on along with a change in the direction of my business, taking on a business partner in another business and worrying about my kids I just haven't had the headspace to make this part of my life the priority it's always been but now I feel ready.

It's actually been a bit of a shock to me how much this hasn't bothered me!

My ENTIRE life was focused around training and living a fitness lifestyle for DECADES, that I could let this become less of a focus has really surprised me.

I've still been active and have periods of high motivation and good progress back to my best and I always eat healthily but the intensity and the focus of deliberate healthy living and training have been missing.

I'm thankful that my set point is pretty solid and the most I ever seem to put on is 3kg and that even after months of zero cardio I can still pump out a solid 5k or RPM class - it's nuts really!

I'm using myself as motivation.

I've never really been inspired by anyone else's physique or fitness level.

I know what I'm capable of physically and how my body looks when I'm at my idea 52kg and that's what inspires me.

My next birthday I turn 50 (in March) and I'm giving myself all of that time to get back to my best, all the while building a solid foundation so I head into my 50's stronger, fitter and healthier than I was in my 40's.

I'll update regularly because it'll keep me accountable and I also want to record the process.

Thanks for reading.

Michelle xo






Comments