In the zone....mostly....and an interview I think you'll love.

Not so long ago I had such a yearning to have the same passion for my training as I did when I was competing, that feeling of not wanting to miss a class for fear of missing out, of having to wash a load of doboks a few times a week in a bid to keep up with the demand, of not letting any excuse come between me and my training.

That felt as though it was never going to happen again but in a few short months here I am in EXACTLY that situation and it feels amazing.

This week my hip has been really sore, REALLY sore but every time I've thought about taking a class off I just couldn't do it!

Tuesday I trained twice, once in the morning with Con and then again in the evening at Port Melbourne, I was aiming for that again today but I've had to wave the white flag today.

I trained this morning and was sore the whole session even dosed up on neurofin, the pain hasn't settled at all so time to let my hip calm down for a day or two.

It's a fine line, knowing when to push and knowing when to rest.

I'm a lot smarter than I have ever been when it comes to listening to my body and while I'm pissed I'll miss my second class today I'm already planning on going through my new step-sparring and patterns in my head so I can lock them in there.

Studies show that when you visualise yourself training and you do it right you can improve your performance as much as you can when practicing it physically.

I used to visualise ahead of competitions and gradings and would use it to iron out my weaknesses, worked a treat, so that will keep me happy for today anyway.

I'm actually waking up in the morning and my first thoughts are either my step-sparring, poomse or French (I'm having French lessons twice a week) which is pretty awesome.

Last week I did an interview for Martial Arts Media and got to talk all things TKD and how it has shaped my life and my business.

I've received many amazing comments about this interview and as usual, an interview with me wouldn't be complete without a few tears!!

You can listen to the interview HERE.

A huge thank-you to George who conducted the interview and let me go where we needed to go in the conversation.

I hope you enjoy it.







Comments