Week 2 Wrap Up

Another good training week, after today's sessions I'll be sitting at around 9 hours, I didn't think I'd get there to be honest.

My hip has been quite sore since hurting it in Aikido last Thursday and doesn't seem to be settling, that said I jump off the anti-inflams the minute I think it's ok when I think I need to just bite the bullet and stick on them for a week to really get on top of the inflammation. I've woken up in a fair amount of pain today so off to the chemist I go.

This weeks tally looks like this....

3 x TKD
2 x Kinesis
2 x Weights
4 x 1 hour cardio

Yesterday I headed to Fusion Port Melbourne for Taekwondo and it felt so good to train on a Saturday, for years my ex and I used to teach classes on Friday nights (not getting home till around 9.30pm) then the next morning we'd drive to Frankston to train in the black belt class (2hrs) with Mr Chang at 8am and we lived in Inverloch (a drive of around 1hr 20 min) so it was an early start.

Saturdays were all about TKD and I loved it, and at comp time I trained with the state squad at Flemmington for 2 hours on the Sunday as well.  Even after I had the kids I did that, they'd often come along in the pram and the parents of the kids training would take care of them :-)

I competed 5 months after one baby and 8 after the other, in those days there were always training bags AND nappy bags filling the car!

Anyway Saturdays class was really good, Jake is an excellent instructor and the students were lovely.
My friend Sommer is training alongside me for her 2nd Dan and it was great to have her there as well.

Taekwondo people are so freaking awesome! I've really, really, REALLY missed hanging out with tkd peeps. They're such a special breed. I'm in my element right now!

This is my current weights program....

It hurts....it hurts A LOT but the results I get from following it outweigh the pain and suffering AND the boredom of doing the same 6 exercises 5 days a week. I'll see how my body goes but I might adjust it to be 2 days on 1 day off rather than 3 days on. TKD is my priority and if I need an extra rest day from it so be it.

This is the program I was following before the Get Commando Fit Video shoot, it just get's muscle on my frame and leans me out like nothing else I've ever tried.

I started it yesterday and man I'm sore today, it took 50 minutes with the extra 10 minutes I spent on my physio exercises so well under an hour.

I can expect to be sore every day for the 4-6 weeks I plan to be on it but I'm keeping my eye on the results. I'm armed with good recovery supplementation so will be super disciplined with that.



My nutrition has been good, most days I've been hitting the 1700 to 1800 cals and I'm waking up hungry. I'm not looking at the scales and I don't plan to for a month or so, I can feel myself leaning out, getting fitter, and getting stronger and that's the aim of the game so that's my focus.

I'm waking up every day excited to get into my training and yesterday felt amazing, out the door early for an hour of fasted cardio, back home to get changed and head to TKD then in the afternoon my weights session, after that I finished with a sauna, my whole day pretty much revolved around training, just like the old days. Feels good.

The aim for this week....

2 TKD / Kinesis sessions with Con.
1 TKD session with Jake )I'll need to train Thurs night as I'm in Adelaide for the AMAHOF dinner Sat night and leave Sat am).
4-5 Weights Sessions.
4 Fasted Cardio.

That should hit the 10 hour mark, give or take an hour either side.






Comments