What an awesome week!

This has been my best training week (by far) in a long time.

I'm about to head to the gym and have another 2 gym sessions planned for the weekend so it an't over yet BUT so far this week my training has consisted of:

2 x Private TKD Sessions that included 20 minutes on the Kinesis Machine (1 hour each)

1 x TKD Kicking Session with a friend (40 minutes)

2 x Aikido Classes (90 minutes each)

1 x Shoulders / Arms Session (45 minutes)

1 x Walk (1 hr 15 minutes)

I still have Chest / Back / Legs and Glute sessions to knock over but as I say, I'll get those done this weekend and today.

My body held up really well until this morning, I woke up with quite a bit of pain, in Aikido last night we did 50 back rolls to standing so that really tested my hip, also did lunges on the Kinesis and I pretty much always pull up hip sore lunges that plus I kicked properly on the paddles for the first time in ages.

Yesterday was an epic day of training, TKD in the AM, TKD in the arvo and Aikido in the PM so I would have been shocked if I wasn't sore!

Some stretching today, some neurofin this morning, a rest day from kicking / squatting etc and I'll be good as new tomorrow.

In TKD yesterday morning I nearly died in the warm-up and I know I need to work on my fitness but adding sprints or anything too heavy to the load I have right now is more than likely a recipe for disaster so I'll give it another week or so to let my body adjust and then start adding in some sprint training again.

I can feel my body changing already, my body LOVES Martial Arts training and responds really well to it, it's definitely been the missing link.

Already my abs and legs feel tighter and stronger and I'm leaning out.

My appetite is ok but I know I'm not getting enough food in, great for leaning out but it will catch up with me energy wise if I don't get on top of it.

Yesterday I tallied up my food and training in My Fitness Pal and it said if I eat like I did yesterday I'll be 47 Kg in 5 weeks, NOT where I want to be.

The day's before that showed around 49kg, still too light.

I'm aiming for 52kg which is where my body is at it's best, a decent amount of muscle (for me) but feels light enough to sprint and kick well.

I've got around 2.5kg to go before I hit that.

As always that's only a guide and I'm not attached to any number, if I hit 53 and I'm feeling lean and strong and light so be it. It's all about how I feel performance wise. Being 'thin" isn't something I focus on. The number is really just something to aim for based on how I've felt at that weight before.

It's been interesting to watch my mind shift over the past couple of weeks.



I began my MA training feeling excited about being back in it and relieved to finally be back on track with the right instruction but as time has gone on it's the feeling of being more "me" than I have felt in a while.

My MA training grounds me, makes me feel solid and strong in my mind, opens my mind and reminds me I'm a lifelong student in this (and in business and in life) and my curiosity has returned.

My inner strength is again returning to where it needs to be and I'm finding balance in my life again.

My business, my clients and my tribe are a large part of my focus and that won't change but it's a better balance, I'm once again fuelled by my training as well as my business.

Usually I wake up and my first thought (other than how awesome it is to wake up next to Dave) is my business, how I can serve my tribe and provide value that day.

Now it's about 50/50.

This morning I woke up trying to work out an Aikido sequence I learned last night :-) It wasn't long before I began thinking of my tribe and my plans for the live stream I was to run at 7am but it's nice to see life balancing out.








Comments