My taekwondo training is back on track - happy days :-)))

Yesterday was another spectacular training day that started with a Chest / Shoulder & Ab workout at The Gym in Yaraville which just happens to be across the road from my new TKD School.

The thing I'm loving about Erin's program (aside from the variety) is the fact the sessions are done in bang on 45 minutes and I leave feeling smashed. Really loving it.

I got to Fusion a little early so I could complete my physio exercises ahead of the session.

I met my new training buddy Mark and already I can see we'll train together well, he's a lovely guy and seems to share my warped sense of humour so all good there :-)

Our session began with around 20 minutes on the Kinesis Machine - totally LOVED that.

As part of the circuit we did an abduction exercise and I was pleasantly surprised at how well my hip handled the rep range and my increased hip stability.

All of that band work is paying off!




From there we went into some warm-up drills and limbers and despite the fact I was warm, loose and under instruction to go easy I pulled my left groin (!!!!) so was feeling pretty tight for the rest of the session.

I honestly didn't do anything silly, might have gone a little too high on the limber but really didn't think I was overdoing it, I'm putting it down to being just "one of those things" and moving on.

Thankfully I've woken up without any pain this morning so feeling relieved about that!

We did some fresh air kicking drills then spent the rest of the session on patterns, I'm less rusty than I thought and there are only some small changes I need to make in my techniques to do things the way they are taught at Fusion.

The session ended with some partner stretching and to be honest I was a little worried about my hip being forced too far but Con modified things and while it hurt like hell I my legs and hips felt great for the rest of the day.

I've woken up with pain in my hip today but that's to be expected, this is going to be an ongoing thing that will hopefully reduce over time.

I felt great during the session (despite the groin pull) and it felt amazing to be back on the mat doing what I love.

Con's an excellent teacher, my training buddy is awesome, it's going to be an awesome rest of the year and beyond.

After training I headed to meet my buddy Cam for coffee at Chadstone before heading to Elwood to stay for the week with a friend of mine where we plan on smashing some work and training and recording some video's for our respective businesses.

I ran my Facebook Live again this morning and I'm really enjoying connecting with my peeps first thing in the morning, feels good to be serving my community in that way.

Today we're off to train at a gym in Prahran and I'm still deciding which part of my body hurts the least to train again and if all else fails I'll hit some dreaded hardio!

Comments