My Mission For August



I LOVE a new month and even more so when it start's on a Monday, seriously this is the stuff of dreams for serious goal setters like me and I'm not even kidding!

So when it dawned on me last week that these goal setting stars had aligned I decided it was time to set myself some...well...goals, BIGASS goals, for the month of August.

I have been putting off doing the things I KNOW will get me closer to my big goals because..WINTER...nuff said except to remind you all how much I hate winter and how it makes me want to hibernate until the sun comes back.

I've made some great progress in the last few weeks, I started TKD again, found a kicking partner for extra sessions, started training in Aikido and have hit the gym far more regularly.

What I KNEW I needed to do was get my ass on the treadmill for fasted cardio every morning if I was really serious about ever seeing my abs again.

Over the weekend I wrote out my training plan for this week and tossed around some ideas for meals but got my head in the game with 100% intention to start the day right...with fasted cardio.

This morning I was up early and as usual got Dave's lunch and coffee together, said good-bye and headed back to bed with my laptop and a cuppa.

The wind was howling, the rain was pouring down and it was cold....miserable cold, a stark contrast from yesterday.

But a deals a deal and I'd promised myself that I'd get on the treadie no matter what.

So I was on the treadmill by 6.30am pumping out my fasted cardio.

I even wore shorts!!!

It felt great to finally get a start on something I'd been dragging my heels over.

After I'd put in a solid few hours at my desk I headed to the gym and did this workout...

TODAY'S TRAINING

SESSION ONE - 30 minute steep hill walk on treadmill.

SESSION TWO - Circuit

I started by doing some warm-up drills with the bands that had my glutes screaming in 2 minutes flat.
Then I did my standing to seated squats with a band around my knees and barbell overhead (this is my physio stuff) 1 warm-up set then 5 x 10 with a 12.5kg bar - still light and I'm aiming to work towards 40kg - that's the goal Jed has set me. I'll get there by the end of August.

Then I created a circuit of the following and completed 20 reps the first round, 15 the second, 12 the third, 10 the fourth, 8 the fifth and 6 for the last set. No rest between sets.

Prowler Sled up and back (only once up and back for each set)
TRX pull ups
Battle Ropes - Jumping and double arms
Push-Ups
Deadlift (40kg)
Full Sit Ups
Leg Raises.

SESSION THREE - will be a 90 minute Aikido class.

TODAY'S NUTRITION BELOW



My mission for August is a minimum of 10 hours a week training.

5 x 30 min fasted cardio = 2.5hrs              
2 x 90 minute aikido = 3hrs
2 x 60 min TKD = 2hrs
2 x 45 min kicking sessions = 1.5hrs
5 x 45 min gym = 3hrs 45 min

TOTAL 12hrs 45min  - over 300hrs of training for the month.

This gives me a little wiggle room if I need to rest or if my kicking buddy cancels etc.

Nutrition continues to be a challenge, I find it hard to get enough food in when I'm training so much but I have just ordered some carb powder so I'll be able to add that to my shakes to boost my calories a little.







Comments