Guess who has a new Taekwondo home?? Yup....ME!!!

OMG OMG OMG I just got back from meeting with Con Lazos at Fusion MA and I can't tell you how happy I am with the result, happy and RELIEVED I can finally get my training back on track.

I'm a cryer at the best of times but I've actually been fighting back tears since I left.

It's been pretty painful not having TKD in my life, not having a place to train, not having a TKD home, feeling as though I was never going to get there, the tears are of joy and relief.

Con is training a guy during the day a couple of times a week in preparation for his 1st Dan so I'll be joining in those classes as preparation for my 6th Dan. Con has said he'd like me to grade for my 6th the same time the other guy grades for his 1st which is one year from now.

Con will bring in a panel for my grading and I know the two instructors who will conduct the grading and really like and respect them both.

It feels good to have a date to work towards and know how hard I'm going to need to work to be ready.

The great thing about Con is he's trained in rehab (and the guy I'll be training with also has a dodgy hip) so couldn't be more perfect really! He'll have me in fighting shape before I know it.

I loved that he teaches the way I was taught, traditional disciplines and principles, that was important to me.

I'll also do some night classes once my body has adjusted to kicking again, they do lots of paddles and kicking drills in their classes, EXACTLY the type of classes I thrive in.

On Tuesday I'll be ordering a new belt with their club name embroidered on it, I'm ready to retire my old belt and really embrace my new school and the learning ahead of me,

I haven't seen the syllabus yet but it sounds as though it's filled with the stuff I love doing and will need to work at to get right.

Tuesday can't come round soon enough!





Comments