GGRRRRRRRRRR......!!!!!!!

It's been 9 days since my last post and I went awol for a reason....another frustrating injury....it's becoming an effing joke how regularly I injure myself and the way this sets me back....again and again and again.

I was boxing with my trainer a little over a week ago and felt my back seize up as I twisted low to land a body rip, that was all it took...I was warm, we'd been training 20 minutes, completely innocuous...no damn reason AT ALL I should hurt myself and yet here I am again...injured and having to change my training plan AGAIN!!

It's not a major injury ( inflamed disk and facet joint pain - you can read about that here ) but causing plenty of pain and stiffness and making me too scared to do pretty much anything on the GCF program and kicking is definitely out.

I also got off to a false start with the PT I hired, turns out he wasn't "the one" and wasn't listening to me. I told him (more than once) I needed to set some compelling training goals I could sink my teeth into and to be held accountable and after 3 sessions there was no sign he'd heard a word I said.

He also trained me like I was 78 years of age, I know I have my hip issues etc but I can work around that - I didn't sweat, I didn't feel challenged, I need to train like an athlete not a granny..so that's done.

Last week I was in Sydney (photo's below) for my Mastermind Program and trained at the fabulous gym at the Shangri-La  at The Rocks.

My back was sore and all I could manage was a traditional shoulder / biceps workout but it felt good to be in the gym lifting in that way.

My plan for now is to go back to traditional lifting with a 5 day split along with cardio either on the eliptical or spin bike a minimum of 3 days a week.

I'm having physio twice a week and I know I'll be back to normal soon enough so I'm listening to my body and that's what I think is best for the next few weeks.

In another week or two I'll be able to add some hot yoga - I'm going to try not to offend too many people here.....I really loathe yoga but I'm craving the heat and now I have the ok to stretch (12 months post surgery) this is one way I can work on my flexibility consistently.

There's a hot yoga room just up the road from me which is pretty handy.

I'm also keen to take up another martial art (alongside, not instead of TKD) and throw myself into being a beginner again, there's a Hapkido school just up the road and the instructors look great, they seem to have a decent adult class and as I say, it's close to home.

I was all set to head there last week but hurt my back the day I was supposed to go, there's a bit of throwing so I'll need to be 100% sure my back's right to go.

My nutrition has been same old same old, my training is the problem, my head wants to go but my body is letting me down and now that I have my training mojo back this is more frustrating than I can put into words.

I'm trying to keep things in perspective and I know that given the physical problems some people face I don't really have much to whinge about, there's also the fact that aside from having my shit together training wise, life is pretty bloody amazing, Dave and I are as in love as ever,  my kids are doing ok, I adore everything about my business and some big things are happening on that front that fill me with excitement.

You can't really ask for more than that can you??!!




Comments