Contrast :-)

It's been a week or so since my last post and to be honest after training on Tuesday not much happened again training wise until the weekend.

I'd spent most of the week with a friend mapping out her business, sorting out her website and the 101 other moving parts required for a launch and we were pretty much head down bum up the whole time.

We had planned to train at a local gym but it didn't happen.

Saturday I headed out for a 90 minute walk in the fabulous sunshine, prepped meals, cleaned the house, did the shopping etc, your basic domestic goddess type stuff (she says with tongue in cheek) and then cooked up a lovely dinner for Dave and I (herb and parmesan crusted lamb rack, cauliflower pure and a red wine Jus if you're at all interested!) and just enjoyed being home again and the slower change of pace the weekend brings.

Sunday I did the mother of all glute workouts (I can still barely move today) then headed to Emerald to take my kids out to lunch, again the sun was shining and while I'm not a huge fan of "the hills" it was nice to be there with the kids and even better it was a nice day.

We had a great time and I wish we could catch up more often but trying to get them in the same room at the same time is like herding cats!! Chlo and her boyfriend are heading away on their first holiday to Byron Bay on Saturday so I'll have her here on Friday night and will drop her and Jay to the airport on Saturday morning so I'll have another little dose of my girl then :-)

Last night was my 2nd Aikido Class where I signed up and bought my uniform, I'm officially a student now :-)

I loved last night, I still have no idea what I'm doing but there were some glimpses of understanding in amongst the head scratching.

I had to remind myself more than once "you don't have to get this tonight, it will take a while" and when I remembered that I definitely enjoyed it more.

Choosing an art so different from the one I'm used to is a good thing, not much crossover at all so it's easy to keep things very separate in my mind.

Today I hit the gym for shoulders and arms then headed across the road to my TKD class.

My training buddy tried to kill himself on his pushbike (glad to hear you're on the mend and things were not worse Mark) so he's out of action for weeks and weeks so it was just me today and we got lot's done!

25 minutes or so on the Kinesis machine and because it was straight after a weights session I was working pretty hard, love that thing!

The rest of the session was some limbering drills and poomse, working our way up into Black Belt Patterns today.

I was dreading the kicking to be honest because DOMS (!!!) but I surprised myself at how loose I was and the height I could get, happy days! I did start to stiffen up towards the end of the patterns but honestly I did SOOOOO much better than I thought I would.

Tomorrow will be another weights session, a kicking session with a friend and then Aikido tomorrow night.

Pretty sure I'm in my training element right now!

Comments