My usual end of year wrap up...wrap up of 2015

WOW!!
Talk about a massive year, it's been huge.
So heres's what happened :-)

BUSINESS

I had softly launched my new brand The Art Of Kicking Ass Elegantly late 2014 and in Jan 2015 I hit the ground running.

I ran some live events and launched my $25K Live Mastermind Program and enrolled 7 women.

I released my book "The Art Of Kicking Ass Elegantly" and it went Amazon Best Seller 3 times.

I launched my 2nd $25k mastermind program and enrolled 6 women.

I became a regular contributor for The Huffington Post.

I launched my Kickass Academy Online and I now have a bunch of awesome women I'll be leading into 6 figure success over the next 12 months.

I invested heavily in a photo and video shoot for my latest opt in and it's been hugely successful.

I gave my first keynote in a few years.

There are probably things I forgot but this really has been my breakthrough year.

I flew Casey (my PA) and I to Sydney to check out venus so I can expand into Sydney and we found a beautiful venue overlooking the Opera House & SH Bridge, cannot wait to run my first event there in April!

That was a very cool thing to do.

I sold my Taekwondo School.

I shut down The Honourable Martial Arts Entrepreneur & Rip It Up Challenge businesses to focus on KAE.

PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS

I bought my brand spanking new Mercedes C250 Coupe and I love it!

This had been on my vision board for a few years so it felt amazing to finally have it in my garage.

I went to train in Thailand twice.

I had my 2nd hip surgery and it's finally sorted after years of pain and training restrictions.

I went to Tassie for the Australasian Martial Arts Hall Of Fame annual dinner and was awarded my official black belt.

I took my TKD students to Inverloch for a weekend training camp and it was fantastic!

I chopped my hair off.

I flew to Perth to be with my mum when my auntie died and was there to support her at the funeral, that felt good. I also got to see some of Perth and some other beautiful places close by. That was my first trip to WA and I really loved it (sad circumstances aside).

LOVE

Dave and I are still awesome :-)

We had some lovely weekends away and dinners out and stays with friends.

After another year of living together we are even more in love and more certain we were meant to be.

We're planning a move to Williamstown in the first part of 2016 so big changes there, all good ones though.

FAMILY

My kids have pretty much moved out!!

I can't believe I'm an empty nester already, it happened so quickly!!!

It is taking some getting used to but they are both independent souls and older than their years. I couldn't wait to get out and start making a life for myself and they seem to have inherited the same gene.

I'm sure this will still take me a long while to get my head around but so long as their happy and living the lives they want I'm happy for them.

TRAINING

OMG this was THE MOST frustrating training year I've ever had!!

Prior to my surgery in late April I couldn't miss a trick, every training session was met with pain and limitation but once they opened me up and had a look it became pretty obvious why I was in so much pain.

It was an absolute mess in there.

I bounced back super fast from the surgery and was itching to train with a trainer at my local gym but unfortunately every training session caused me issues and I spent the next 4-5 months taking one step forwards and 67 backwards!! I had a back issue flare up that just wouldn't settle.

I decided to stop training with him, get on top of my pain and just train my way until I felt strong again.

I got back into weekly physio and bi-weekly myotherapy and started to feel good again fast.

In amongst this I had all sorts of hormonal issues going on and discovered I had begun peri-menopause - basically the years prior to menopause and this can go on for years!

It was hell.

I have since found a way to handle the symptoms with different supplements and I'm feeling the best I've felt in a long time.

So after a totally shit year training wise I had my first good month in Dec!!!

The upside is I've hit my strides just as the New Year begins so I finished 2015 strong and couldn't have had a better start to 2016.

I'n flying to Sydney in April for Nicole Wilkins' Phat Camp so I'm focusing my training on being fit and ripped for that.

I'm also planning on grading for my 6th dan in 2016 so once that's out of the way and we've moved I'll start training with Mr Oh and begin the prep for that.

Some really exciting training goals for 2016 and it's been a while since I've had that.

2015 was amazing in many, many ways, not perfect, there were definitely downs as well as the ups but we all got through them and there were more ups than there were downs thank-fully.

2016 is looking awesome and I'm keen to see it all unfold and excited to see what shows up other than what I have planned.









Comments