The Trip To Thailand That Changed Everything....

I've held off writing about my trip to Thailand because to be honest the whole experience was too hard to put into words.

It was truly magical and EXACTLY what I needed at EXACTLY the right time.

Every day was pretty much the same and I thrived on the routine of it.

I'd wake up, do some reflection and write in my journal, shower then meet Wendy for breakfast where we would take an hour or two to just relax and eat and talk non-stop.

After that it was time for my Muay Thai session with my trainer Thai (no I'm not kidding) and then I'd go back to my room, shower then meet Wendy for lunch (we ate all the time!).

Then we'd go our separate ways and enjoy some quiet time in our rooms or by the pool before heading to the gym to do weights and intervals.

On the way back we'd grab a recovery shake from Muscle Bar on the way back then have some more time to ourselves in our rooms (which were awesome!).

Then it would be massage then dinner or dinner then massage before heading back for an early night.
I did NO work, checked my emails and checked in on Facebook each day (this was the way Wendy & I stayed in touch) but no phone, no telly, not even any music...just being still and quiet and spending the time reflecting on the changes I wanted to make permanent in my life.

Having an entire week to think only about training, recovery and good food was such a luxury.
Our washing was done for us, our meals were cooked for us (and the dishes washed), no phone calls, no demands on my time at all.

Health and fitness are always important to me and my life is lived with this in mind but being in business, parenting teens and keeping the house looking half decent all impinge on this in some way and while my training gets done and my food gets made its always a mad rush to fit everything in.

That has now stopped being the case.

I've come back and now have PT sessions with my awesome trainer Paul 3 times a week, Reformer Pilates once a week and access to a reformer at Fighting Fit that I can use whenever I want PLUS I'm learning French again and have 3 lessons each week.

Before I went away there was no way I would have thought I could fit all of that in but I made some pretty big changes and while I now have the extra workload of Fighting Fit my priorities are now different....Life first, work second...and it all still fits and I'm better at it.

There is no way I'm going back to the busy-ness I had created in my life before this.

I'm already planning my next trip in January and this time I'm taking some of my students with me along with some other friends of mine.

This is a trip I'll be making twice a year now, it just gives me too much not to do this.

It really was life changing, I'm stress free, I don't rush, I'm making time for doing the things I love and working much more efficiently...life is amazing!

Below are some pics from my trip and links to where I stayed and trained, just amazing, highly recommend it.

My room :-)

Our gorgeous hotel: http://www.signaturephuket.com/
My trainer Thai at Tiger Muay Thai: tigermuaythai.com

Mama's, we ate here most of our meals.
Inside Mama's

Titan Fitness, we did our intervals and weights here, lovely, lovely people: http://titanfitness.co/
Unit 27, did intervals here & they run amazing classes: http://www.unit-27.com/






Comments