Sticks & Stones....

How true!

Everything I do in my life is in a quest to reach my own fullest potential, to do whatever I need to do to feed my own deep sense of personal pride and self-fulfilment and this comes from knowing I'm living a life of purpose.

It's important to me that my actions and words are based on my own moral code with a bigger picture in mind.

In the bigger picture I'm irrelevant really, its about how I can flick the switch in others, the switch that shows them a glimmer of their own potential and the belief they can achieve it.

What other people think of me, my actions or my words means very little unless of course I've unwittingly hurt someone, this is never ok for me.

I make a conscious effort to live within my integrity in every area of my life but I'm human and sometimes I do dumb stuff, this is when I'm vulnerable to outside opinion because I'm my own worst critic and I've already beaten myself up to the nth degree when I do so.

I've probably uttered these words a few hundred times in my life because often this is the thing I want others to "get" more than anything else....

The only opinion that matters is YOURS.

When your head hits the pillow at night and you can sleep feeling good about who you are...that's all that matters.

The opinion of others is not your business....people form opinions based on their own experiences, some bitter and twisted....they will never live inside your head to know your deepest darkest thoughts, your dreams, your desires, what your fears are, what fulfils you....YOUR bigger picture.

So why base your success or failure (or happiness or unhappiness) on the opinion of others?
Life your life to make YOU happy, to make YOU proud...and make sure your life has PURPOSE and even more importantly CONVICTION.

Make your own rules and live by them...don't be swayed...stay the course :-)

Comments