1 Year Today....

Our First Photo
Mush alert! 

Boy time really does fly when you're having fun!

1 year ago today Dave and I had our first date :-)

We met online and had only spoken on the phone once, all in the space of 2 days before we decided to catch up.

We met for coffee by the beach at Brighton and spent about 3hrs together, it was ok but I wasn't sold! He was also 5 years younger than me and that freaked me out a bit!

I told Dave that I figured there was more to him than he let on and I might be open to seeing each other again.

Sometime in the middle of the next week I was in the gym with Wendy and out of the blue I said to her "I think I really like him' I think it surprised me as much as it surprised her !!
 I grabbed my phone and messaged Dave to ask him out on the weekend and pretty much the rest is history!

We met in Hardware Lane and suffered through the worst service EVER but we both found humour in it and ended up having fun. We headed to a quiet wine bar after that and spent the next few hours (till they kicked us out) talking and having a really good time trying hard to ignore the couple next to us eating each others faces off!

Before we said goodbye we decided that Dave would come to Emerald the next day so we could hang out, we couldn't wait to see each other again!

Dave arrived in Emerald and I met him down the street and we walked around the market then went for a walk around Cardinia Reservoir then headed to the Clematis Pub for lunch.

The photo above was taken that day, when I look at it, it looks as though we've been together forever!

We had an amazing day and we both knew for sure that this was it.

Dave went home that afternoon and we spoke on the phone that same night and I think it was a week before we caught up again but we've pretty much been inseparable every since.

We moved in together 5 months after meeting and 1 year later things have never been better, its just amazing.

Flinders Hotel
So to celebrate we're heading to Flinders.

I grew up on the Peninsula and in my 20's I lived at Flinders, I just love everything about being there.

I've never felt compelled to celebrate an anniversary before....in fact in pretty much every relationship I've ever been in I've always forgotten any anniversary or birthday.

This one definitely deserves celebrating and it's been fun thinking back and telling Dave.."today is the day we would have spoken on the phone for the first time" or "today was the day I you sent me your first text message"... it's pretty funny really, so not me!

The Flinders Hotel has the restaurant Terminus and it looks beautiful.

Terminus has had rave reviews and won Good Food Guide awards, we're really looking forward to a lovely night out.

It will be nice to glam up and enjoy an excellent meal and great company and look back over the last year.

The best part about Flinders is that its near the beach.

The coastline is rugged and it's windy and cold but it really is very beautiful.

The area has a bunch of vineyards close by and so many good places to eat it's also like a postcard everywhere you go.
Flinders Jetty

The coastline is spectacular and then there are the green hills of Red Hill and Main Ridge, if you haven't been I highly recommend it for a weekend away.

I'm battling a bit of a sore through today so I'll b dosing up on garlic and vitamin C and whatever else I can throw at it because I refuse to get sick this weekend!!



Looking towards Cape Schank

Terminus

Rooms at the Flinders Hotel



Comments