And so this is my life for the next 16 weeks or so....

Supplement City

Yesterday was Day 1 and everything pretty much went ok until a last minute hitch!!

I did start my day with a flat white coffee not realising it would be my last for quite a while (would have enjoyed it more!). 

We didn't get our meal plans until 9.30 so I didn't realise my coffee was to be taken away from me so fast :-( thought I could wean...um...NO!

Then last night Dave made a Pavlova!!!!

Of all the nights!! I haven't had the heart to tell him that I'm competing yet, I'm sure he will think that life as we know it will be over! I said NO to the pavlova (more than once) and then I got "babe, I made it for you (sure), I remember when we were first together you said you loved pavlova (must have been a forced confession) and so I made it for you, you have to have some"....so rather than break the news I figured I'd eat the damn pav and save it for another day...I know I'm a chicken!  Other than that though, everything was spot on.

Training Plan
At 9.30 we went in to meet with our trainer Paul who weighed, measured and bodyfat tested us with scales AND calipers...you know..just to be sure :-)

After our session we were under no illusion about it being "GAME ON". 

No dairy, no alcohol and not much in the way of real carbs. I kinda expected to wean off some stuff but ahh..nope...not so.

You can see by the meal plan it's pretty bare bones and yesterday I felt some resistance rising over the lack of grainy carbs, today I'm feeling better about it but in the back of my mind I'm worried about A: feeling dumb as my brain lacks carbs, B: stuffing up my metabolism & C: having enough energy.

Time will tell if I can stick to it or not...I don't say this from a discipline, or lack of discipline perspective but from a place of "do I really believe this is the right thing for me?" .


Meal Plan

This isn't life or death for me so if I think I'm doing damage to my health I'll pull the pin, if I think its doing damage to our relationship again, I'll pull the pin.

The aim is to keep the balance and do this in a relaxed, detached way, it's an experiment and I'm giving myself permission to call time if I feel I'm compromising too much.

The training is good, I love a 5 day heavy split, it has always worked well for me so I'm keen to see the results this will bring.

Of course the downside is the constant soreness and the effect this has on my Taekwondo training.

This is something I've thought about a lot and am happy to
allow this training to be my priority for the next 16 weeks.


  
Todays Training plus TKD tonight
I've introduced yoga and pilates to my weekly training so I can focus on my flexibility at the same time so when this is done I will have picked up some great benefits that will add to my TKD training even if this isn't my main focus for the next 16 weeks.

I'm carrying tendonitis in my right elbow and I can see this becoming a bigger program as time goes on.

The calf I tore badly last year is sore and feeling twingy.

My right hip and SIJ have pulled up sore after yesterdays leg workout.

My right rotator cuff is fragile.

So I do have a few things to work around, nothing new really but these have been highlighted in just two days of lifting heavy and slow so recovery and massage are going to be really important if I want to keep this show on the road.

It really is going to be an interesting journey, I'm as interested as you are to see how I go sticking at it and what results show up if I do.


Comments