Progress??

WOW! Can't believe its been over 3 weeks since I last posted!

Life has just been ticking along, nothing exciting or earth shattering on any fronts so not much to post about that wouldn't bore the socks off you :-)

WORK
MichelleHext.com 
Don't even ask me about my website......just kill me now.....nothing more to add!!!
Push 
After 1 week off and 1 week at half strength we are officially back on the mats tonight and I'm super keen to get stuck into Term 2 and back into the swing of things.
This term I'll be dropping 1 night's teaching and Wendy and Lex will step into the this role. This will see me teaching 3 nights instead of 4; it's not easy stepping back but the women are in good hands and you can't grow if you don't make change so change it is.

TRAINING
DAY 1
This week marks the start of Week 5 for the 12wbt Lean & Strong Program and I'm not seeing a huge amount of progress. In fact I think I may have even lost some size in my shoulders which is disappointing.

I have been doing some extra cardio so I expected not to gain a huge amount but didn't expect to lose anything either.

This week the training moves from a bit of a scattered program into a more solid split routine which has always been the way I get best results.

These pics don't really show my upper body much (will take some more) but as my focus is on leaning out I want to keep track of my waist and hips leaning out.

My weight is pretty much the same as I expected but my bodyfat has dropped close to 2% so I'm heading in the right direction. I haven't measured myself again but my jeans are definitely loser around the waist and tighter in the legs and  
DAY 28
these are both good signs.

My nutrition has been less tight than the 90% I'd been aiming for during the week over Easter, nothing too bad just not the conscious eating I'd been committed to over the past 2 weeks.

The thing I keep reminding myself is that every decision I make today will show up 4 weeks from now, whether this is food or training.

I really love this approach and its keeping me more focused than I have been in a long time.

I'll be glad when we get this week out of the way, School Holidays followed by Easter followed by another long weekend has challenged my usual routine although I'm lucky, my gym has been open every day over the break.

The biggest challenge is Dave's love of food! And the fact he isn't happy unless I'm eating it too!

I've managed this well most of the time and this usually involves some sort of compromise on his part and when this doesn't work I keep my serving size small and keep the rest of the day super clean.

It doesn't feel like a struggle at all, in fact it feels really well balanced and sustainable.

I wasn't taking in enough carbs last week and found my focus, energy and recovery were awful. I hadn't intended to keep them low, it was just the way it worked out that week but I will be paying much better attention to that from here on in.

At the end of this term I'll be heading to Tiger and want to be fit and fast and a low carb diet won't get me there!

I hope you had an awesome Easter and you're also looking forward to smashing term 2.

Michelle x

Comments