Another year wiser....

What a week I've had!

It's been amazing!

Friday was my birthday and it was a really great day. I've never really enjoyed my Birthday, I'm not really sure why but I just never have. I'm not being by being another year older but I'm always glad when the day is over but this year was different and I was more relaxed about it.

Samson Hill Winery
I caught up with Wendy for a cuppa first thing then my mum came and we hit the shops and had lunch.
It was really lovely to spend some time with my mum on my Birthday, this year be have managed to be together on her birthday and mine, highly unusual!

I spent some time with Chloe after school and then Dave took me to a winery in the Yarra Valley for dinner.

View from Samson Hill

The view was stunning and we had a really lovely evening, the food was great and the company was even better :-)

When we got home I spent an hour with Cody and his gorgeous girlfriend Rachel and topped the day off beautifully.


My facebook page went nuts too and I had some really beautiful messages posted, I felt very loved and very spoiled....might have to start embracing this whole birthday thing!

GRADING
The next day was Grading Day and even though I've been conducting these days for many years now and I'm very relaxed about the whole thing I knew this one was special because my first Black Belt's were grading.

Dave and I ran some errands in the morning and then I went to the gym and didn't think too much about Grading until we started really, I wanted to keep the energy relaxed so everyone felt calm on the mat.

It was such a magical day....my juniors Cate & Chenelle graded first. Cate was really sick but still managed to pull together an awesome grading.

It was always going to be an emotional day and pretty much as soon as I called the girls on to the mat I could feel my emotions taking hold. I was holding back tears the whole time!!

After my Juniors graded it was time for the Seniors.
I started with the lower belt levels first and they all did an amazing job.

Then it was time for Wendy's grading and again it hit me what a momentous occasion this was.

Wendy is my student but she's also my friend and I know that gaining her Black Belt has been a long held dream since she was 14 years of age.

These girls are also the first in the world to gain Black Belts at a female only dojang.

I was fighting my emotions the whole time Wendy was on the mat, she did a great job.

Highlights were 5 x 2 minute rounds of full contact sparring.
A new partner came in every 2 minutes so they were fresh and Wendy was dying :-)

Wendy was also required to break 4 boards in 4 seconds and she killed it.

The belt presentations were emotional and by the time we finished up we had all been on a massive emotional roller coaster!

The support Wendy had from her fellow students was unbelievable, in fact the way those women support one another is just amazing...such an incredible group of women.
Facebook went nuts after grading and I loved seeing the women chatting back and forth for hours afterwards. PUSH is such an amazing place and I'm so blessed to have it.

TRAINING
Loving the guts out of my training right now!!
I'm doing the 12wbt Lean & Strong Program and I'm really enjoying the workouts. I'm increasing my weights every session and enjoying the structure.
I'm not following the meal plan but instead eating clean and aiming for 90% perfection week days and relaxing on the weekends.
Its working well, I'm down 800g over 2 weeks and I've definitely added some muscle.
I've also restarted taking Creatine and this is always good for some added weight gain in the beginning.
Yesterdays training was awesome!
I hit the gym around 7am for my weights session and this takes close to an hour with abs and stretching.
Then I headed into PUSH an hour early so I could do some bag work before the students came in, I was super tired in the afternoon and wanted to be sharp for class so I figured getting stuck into some training would help and it did.
I did 40 minutes on the bag then trained in the evenings classes.
By the end of the day I'd burned a massive 2,000 cals just in my workouts.

Here is part of the bagwork I did so if you have a bag at home give it a go.
10 Rounds
30 seconds hands
30 seconds feet
30 seconds both
30 seconds recovery

After that I did 10 x 20 kicks with 10 sec recovery between sets.
I stuck to aerial, spinning and jumping kicks to keep the intensity up.

Today I'm taking a rest day and getting a massage, my hip and back are tight and can use the rest.

Tomorrow morning I'll be trying out another kickboxing class so fingers crossed this one is what I'm after!

NUTRITION
As I mentioned I'm not following the 12wbt meal plan, its too fussy and not enough food.

Here is a look at what my nutrition looks like at the moment, this is yesterdays food.

Start the day with a flat white with 1 sugar (coconut sugar and full cream milk).

During my workout: BCAA's / Creatine in water

Post Workout: Protein Powder / Creatine / Glutamine in water & an apple

About an hour later: 2 eggs on grain toast with avocado

About an hour later:  Bowl of strawberries & protein powder in water

2hrs later: Salmon & Salad

2hrs later: Nut bar & 1 Plum

About 4.5hrs later: Steak & Salad


MICHELLEHEXT.COM
My website is taking forever...my Project Manager is handling most of it so it isn't taking up too much of my time and at the end of the day my current website is good so I'm not going to stress about it too much.

Last week after I posted that I had recorded my first lesson all hell broke loose!

Long story short I tried to upload the new Mc OS to my desktop and it damaged the hard drive.

Thankfully all relevant files are in dropbox so I had backups of those but I lost 5 years of things I hadn't backed up.

All of my documents for the Glow website are lost and the Glow site had been hacked so it was closed down.

I take this as a sign to let the site go......and I feel good about it, that was my past and while it was awesome it no longer reflects the direction I'm headed in so I no longer have to agonise over the decision to just let it go.

After the immediate panic of discovering they had to wipe the hard drive I decided that I was going to see this as a good thing.....no-one died, I didn't lose everything in a house fire, it is just files....if I thought of that stuff once I could do it again....if it was even still relevant.

It's actually been quite cathartic really, anything superfluous is no longer there to clutter, all of those emails I was supposed to get to....gone....if its relevant it will how up again.

I'm the master of manifestation and I had been asking for clear space...and I got it!!

I'm ready to knuckle down and start my next book and I begin writing today....cannot wait!!

I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of April and I have my design guy working on the cover as we speak.

Life is great, I'm feeling fit and strong and lean, I'm feeling focused and energised and ready to pick up where I left off when my child became ill.

It's been a hill to climb but I think I'm on the other side of it now...only good things ahead :-)













Comments