Ready to grade my first PUSH Black Belts!

TAEKWONDO

My next student grading is being held on March 29th!!

I have one senior and two juniors grading for Black Belt on the day so Black Belt Grading Prep is in full swing.

It's an exciting time and there is so much going on at the club my head is spinning by the end of the night.

This week we have been practicing board breaking and that has been awesome, everyone is breaking and the boards are a really tough batch.

If the timber is nice and dry it breaks much easier, this stuff is still pretty green so it makes it tough going to get through...so proud of them.
It's going to be an excellent day!

HMAE

Tuesday morning I ran a webinar for my HMAE Program and it went really well. I had participants online from here and the US and someone call in from the UK.

The webinar ran for over an hour and I'm so rapt that everyone stayed on for the entire session, usually there is an expected drop-off rate so I'm pumped about that.

The feedback afterwards was also really good and shows me I'm ticking all the boxes as far as content, concept and delivery. Very exciting!

I've been under the pump lately and not being as productive as I'd like. The new website is the nightmare I expected and I kept getting pulled away from the important stuff so I've hired a Project Manager / PA and its now her job to liase with the web guys and only show me the finished product for me to approve or tweak - HUGE relief.

I plan to be speaking at Martial Arts Expo's in the US and UK (and here) before the year is out so Lily is also charged with lining up events for me to speak at and sourcing distribution channels for my digital program. Such a relief to handball all of that stuff so I'm now freed up to focus on the stuff in my "zone of genius" which is product development.

FUN! 
Wendy and I headed to FitX a couple of weekends ago.
Crowd wise it was a bit of a nightmare! In the previous years I've been it hasn't been too bad at all but this time round it was really difficult to get close enough to see any of the demos.

Got to watch a bit of boxing which is pretty cool and best of all I got to meet Danny Green :-)

 I saw Danny fight in Melbourne last year and it was so cool, I'm a big fan, just wish he had of been able to smash Mundine!

He's talking about fighting again so maybe that will happen!!

FitX was full of supplement stands and not much else really, not sure I'm keen to go again next year. Filex is being held in Melbourne this year so I think Wend and I will head into that expo and have a sticky beak.

Seeing the figure girls on stage and up close is always interesting, once upon a time I thought I'd give it a crack for something to do but I just couldn't get my head around how unhealthy it seemed to deplete, dehydrate and puff up like a blowfish once the comp was done.

I'd seen too many girls in the gym look awesome one week and terrible for weeks (if not months) after, just always seemed such a bad thing to do to your body.

When I was competing in Taekwondo my weight division was under 47kg (I'm 165cm) and even then I didn't have to do stupid things to make weight.

It was all about good nutrition and lots of training to burn it off.
Even at that weight I could kick harder than half the guys at the club and was super strong.
Never had to deplete, never had to dehydrate but I did have to drop weights a month out to weigh less and I was always strong, fit, healthy with a ton of energy and my bodyfat sat around 12%.
Anyway I digress!!

Dave's been at it in the Kitchen again using up the last of the Calamari he caught when he was away. This is prawn stuffed calamari!
We've had some of the best meals from his fishing trip!!


TRAINING
Not much sparring for me as grading prep steps up and its all hands on deck making sure everyone is ready...I'm missing it but after grading we are back on it every class.

The 12wbt I signed up for starts on Monday and I'm keen to get stuck into that but I do have my reservations about the nutrition.

It makes no sense at all to me that you would be on the same meal plan regardless of whether your goal is to run a marathon or complete the Lean & Strong Advanced Program which is the one I'm doing.

One is all about endurance and the other is about building muscle....on 1200 to 1500 cals per day!
Its ridiculous.
When training for the Paris Marathon I was eating a minimum of 2700 cals per day and often more and I still lost weight and I started at around 52kg - some of the women on the program are a lot heavier than that (requiring more cals) so they are going to starve to death!! The will also be carb depleted, not good for performance or recovery.

Can't see myself sticking to the meal plan, its pretty finicky and not enough food but the training plan looks ok.
Not the way I would put together a program for hypertrophy as its touted but as I'm not keen to put on any more muscle size it will work pretty perfectly and it's a nice intense workout if you lift heavy enough.
I'm in and out in an hour and the workouts are on my phone so its nice and convenient.

Anyway it's been a looooong blog today!!

Take care everyone and I'll be in touch in a week or so.




Comments