Summer....FINALLY!!

Well lookie here, we finally have a summer!
Classes started back last night and true to form we are hit with a heatwave this week :-)
Before I headed off to class last night Dave suggested I install an evaporative cooler for the dojang to make it more comfortable.
My reaction was less than subtle, I looked at him like he had grown an extra head and told him "hells no!". I went on to explain that part of the discipline is dealing with discomfort and I was robbing my students of the chance to endure and grow from the experience (and from having some good "back in the day" stories years from now!).
I got to class and mentioned the cooler idea to the students and despite the sweltering heat every single one of them said "NO way!" They get it and that makes me one very happy instructor.
On the same topic Dave has his daughter staying with us at the moment and she is doing Martial Arts back home, she can't tell us her instructors name, the name of her school or the name of the style she does! She's been training a whole school term!
I would be horrified if my students didn't know my name! Or what style they are training in!!!
WOW...what an eye opener, certainly made me take stock, either someone isn't doing their job or someone isn't paying attention...still not a great scenario for student or instructor!

Last week was a funny one, I hit the ground running on Monday thinking I had so much to do and it would be a busy week but in the end I realised that if I didn't create unnecessary work for myself it was actually a pretty light week which turned out to be a good thing because I was able to be there when Cody got his first tattoo (Panthers head on his forearm) and was able to deal with the hoo ha of someone running into my car and snapping the steering arm off my front wheel!!

I was getting ready to reverse park and a lady impatiently shot past me and collected my tyre on the way past. This meant a tow truck and dealing with hire cars and insurance agency's and you know how much fun that is!!

On any other day this would have been stressful but thankfully there was no pressing work so I just rolled with it and soon enough my car will be back!

Dave and I had date night on Thursday night and we also had a really great breakfast out Sat morning.

Wendy and I trained Monday through Friday.
The workouts we are doing a nice and quick and my body is feeling really good, definitely need to book some treatment for this week to make sure it stays this way but I'm definitely feeling the benefits of the green shake and pulling the weights back in my strength training.

I decided that it ain't no fun being so sore I want to cry every time I sit down or stand up every single day and it really has an impact on my kicking so the weights are still reasonable but not stupid heavy, I've got some good muscle tone and definition and my fitness is good and for now this is good enough for me!

My nutrition is good, yesterday I did a cook up for the next few days.

Chicken breast, roasted sweet potato and greens, boiled eggs, salad, green shakes, greek yoghurt with fresh berries, cinnamon and agave.

To be honest I haven't done this in a while, I have been eating well but not consciously and conscious eating is what works for me. I'm settled in my new home and have my routine back once again and it feels good.

This week I have some skype coaching sessions, classes Monday through Thursday evenings and I'll be working on my online program so I can launch at the end of Jan / early Feb on top of my usual blogging and other bits and pieces.
I'm determined to keep the pace relaxed and give myself enough time to get things done without putting myself under the pump.
I'll be strength training Monday through Friday with the weekend for recovery.

I love training in the heat so I'm loving this weather, its doing to be a good week!



Comments