Food, Food & more FOOD!!

Out to dinner with Dave's family.
The last week has been awesome!

Classes started back and numbers were better than expected given the temperatures here in Melbourne!

It felt soooo good to be back on the mat and kicking things again :-)
I'm one of those people who thrive in the heat when it comes to training so the hotter the better!

My body runs much better in the heat thats for sure. I expected to pull up sore after a bit of a break from kicking but felt really good...definitely sticking to the green smoothies!

Wendy and I trained Monday through Friday in the mornings and I tweaked our program just a bit.

I've been researching online programs while I gear up to launch my next one (martial arts based) and I came across Sally Mattersons' Extreme Shredder we've been on it 2 weeks and to be honest I'm bored stiff already so I've started tweaking it to make it more interesting.

While I'm on the subject of this program I'll give it a quick review in case you want to check it out.

Formula 1 Car at Southbank on the weekend.
The program is the same for 6 weeks and it is basically broken up into 3 workouts and you repeat 1 & 2 twice. It's circuit based and a bit of a pain in the bum to do in the gym because if your gym is busy like mine its a nightmare to "hold" 4 different pieces of equipment over the duration of your workout without dying of guilt!

As I say I'm bored after 2 weeks, in fact I think we got to the end of the second week and I had already started changing it up.

There is no cardio at all in the program.

Dave and the F1 Car 
She speaks about a balanced diet and no fads but you will starve on this thing, its like Michelle Bridges program nutrition wise, just not enough carbs.

I took one look at the meal plan and knew there was no way on earth I'd be following it.

The delivery of her program is good, downloadable ebooks that can be viewed on any device with video's for each of the exercises.


At $149 (price is going up apparently) I'm not sure it's worth the money really.

My lovely meal at No.8 at Southbank
I'll change it up again this week to keep me from dying of boredom because I do like the fact that the workout is done in 30 minutes. Because I'm not trying to add size the program is good for maintaining and training weights 5 mornings a week for such a short time is good, its over and done quickly and I've got plenty in the tank for my evening training sessions (taekwondo).

The weekend....

Seems like all I have done since Friday night is eat!

Friday night we headed to Pescare in Glen Waverley for dinner with Dave's family to celebrate his recent birthday.

Yesterday we had a lovely day at Southbank yesterday.
We've had his daughter staying with us for 2 weeks and she is much younger than my 2 so I've found it hard going to be honest! I'm not used to the constant interruptions and demands of a 12 year old and how much this impacted on our time together.

We dropped her off to the airport to go back home yesterday morning and it was nice to be in each others company and to spend some uninterrupted time together.

We stopped in at DFO on the way back from the airport and had a wander around the shops and grabbed a coffee before heading to Southbank.

Looking happy with his  porkbelly  at No.8
The weather was lovely. We walked up and down the Yarra and came across a Formula 1 display, I can't believe how tiny the cockpit is! They really are jammed in there!

We had oysters and wine at The Atlantic  The place was stunning but I wasn't that fussed with the mains menu so we enjoyed our wine and oysters then went wandering again until we found No.8
No.8 was lovely and the waitress had a lot of fun with us. We will definitely go back, the meal was stunning as you can see by the pics.

It was just a lovely, lovely day and one I will remember for a long time I think.

The week ahead....

This weeks training will be my 5 weight sessions, 4 taekwondo classes, 1 muay thai class plus my 30min walk every morning.

Work this week will consist of classes 4 nights, running a webinar for my HMAE Participants, finishing up the final touches on my online Martial Arts Fitness Program so I can send it off to the designer, finalising webpages for my MichelleHext.com website, blogging and working on my HMAE Online Program.

I really am very blessed, as I write this I'm reminded of just how lucky I am. My life is truly amazing right now, yesterday I said to Dave "We have a pretty amazing life" and he agrees....I really feel as though I need to pinch myself sometimes!




Comments