Stepping strongly into ME

I'm on such a high right now I can barely contain my excitement and it isn't due to training because as you know I'm still out of action!

Bit of an update then I'll get to the guts of this post.

Yesterday I saw very clearly the damage I have done to my calf via the big black hole showing up on the ultrasound.

Bit of a wake-up call and helped me to see I can't rush this thing.

Luckily I have a whole bunch of other stuff keeping me busy (and sane!).

I have sent the first 2 sections of my book out to a select group of women so I can gain some feedback and see if any tweaks need to be made.

I'm almost there!

The book cover is being worked on as we speak and I only have 3 sections of the book left to edit, I'm doing 1 part per day so it will be done by Monday at the latest and then I sent it in to be formatted.

Cannot believe I am so close now!

The mag is in good hands now so now I wait!! Not much I can do until I get the first pages back to look at.

Tonight I am taking my competitors to train at another club, their first time training outside the club so they will all be very anxious today and tonight but this will do them the world of good in the end.
Tough to do but the reward will be great.

Ok and so now I get to the topic I want to share with you today.

All of last year I spent a lot of time and energy in getting clear on pretty much everything I wanted and didn't want in my life and eliminating the "stuff" that drained me.

So I thought I was looking good and headed into 2013 feeling awesome.

What I didn't expect was that as time went on I became clearer and clearer on what I wanted and discovered there was still stuff I needed to eliminate.

I discovered that I had been following self-imposed rules that stopped me from even entertaining the thought of letting certain things go or allowing other things to come in to my life.

My default for some things was "I can't do that".

You won't hear me say this about any physical challenge or as a default when dealing with the bigger things but instead in what turned out to be the smaller things.

Things like:
Letting go some students who just didn't fit with the culture within my dojang.
Deciding I would no longer take on junior students and instead focus on adults only.
Dropping my fitness classes because I didn't enjoy teaching them anymore.
Saying Yes to a relationship when in my mind I had a bunch of reasons why I shouldn't.
Being social and enjoying it.

I made a list of what I called my irritants and initially I had "I can't do that" show up but then I asked myself "why not?" and then I could see there actually wasn't any real reason I couldn't so I took action.

All of these things have allowed me to step even stronger into the role I have set for myself and get a deeper sense of the ME I am working hard to be.

Every single day I feel stronger and more powerful with the knowledge I am living the exact life I want (injury aside!!) well and truly in line with my values, beliefs and LIKES!

Yes LIKES!

I had a light bulb moment where I decided I was also only going to take on things and people I liked and that changed everything.

Every day I am feel I am growing into who I really am and it feels amazing.

When you know your true path and can see your value as a positive contributor to this world we live in
life looks pretty fantastic and it seems there is nothing you can't achieve.

Bigger things than I could have hoped for have come from 2013 already so I am super excited to see what the rest of the year will bring.

Spend some time today thinking about who you want to be and who you need to be to achieve the things you want to achieve in your life but only do this once you are clear on what that is.

It is time well spent.

Comments