Major setback :-((((

my new accessories 
Not happy Jan!
You might remember that I tore my calf muscle in training about 3 weeks ago and in typical fashion I hooked in too early and Tuesday morning I put the shield on for some sparring in class, I had absolutely no business sparring but to be honest I didn't even think for one second I shouldn't.
Call it a momentary lapse of concentration of whatever you will, the result of that is now a pretty major tear that will sideline me for weeks.
I'm on crutches and I hate those things!!
I used them the first day, the second day I ditched them and when I walked into (well was more hobbling than walking) the physio with said crutches under my arm I got "the look", you know the one!!
So I'm being a good girl and using them again and now after almost 3 days the pain is much less as far as throbbing and swelling goes but my calf won't take my weight.
So.....
Tuesday when it happened I immediately realised what an idiot I had been and couldn't complain about the injury and the repercussions because I did it through being dumb.
I think this one has learned me!!
I'm trying to stay positive, because I am a little more mobile today I'm feeling slightly less annoyed and I've tried to focus hard on other things.
And I have plenty of those!!!
I've been diligently doing the 100 Day Reality Challenge and I'm now up to day 5 and good things are happening.
I began my 4 week beginners program Tuesday to good numbers and a great bunch of girls.
Greeting my new students while on crutches wasn't in the brochure but what can you do??!!
I am making decent progress on my digital magazine and last night did my interview with Taekwondo Gold Olympic Medalist Lauren Burns and her insights were bloody fabulous!!
I can't wait to share it in March when the mag launches.
Today I got some writing done on my book so that is coming together too.
All in all injury aside things are great right now so I'm going to focus on the good stuff and just get through this injury by filling the training time with writing and getting stuff done!
Onwards and upwards!

Comments