A new week....

Stunning Eagles Nest at Inverloch
Last week didn't go quite to plan as far as training goes but you have those weeks!

After Mondays training session with Wendy as the day went on my hip became more and more painful and it kept me awake most of Monday night.

Tues I went to the doc for some drugs. In the past I have put up with the pain but I now know that it impacts the quality of my training so if it means I need to put a bandaid on the pain for a bit then that's what I need to do.

The doc says the pain is normal and nothing to worry about and I agree with him but to be honest I have absolutely NO faith in GP's when it comes to sports injuries and will always listen to my physio over a GP.
Andrew has said the same thing so I am guessing this is just my hip protesting as I get back into kicking.

Thursday I went to the beach at Inverloch with Chris and his girls for the day and when we got to the beach I took my supplements, waited for them to kick in and then did an hour of stair sprints (30 flights).
Felt awesome and my legs still felt pretty fresh by the end despite having to vomit a few times about 20 flights in due to the heat.
Ironically the bit that got me was the walk back up the stairs carrying stuff, I felt my calves cramp up and knew I would be sore the next day and I am still today!!
What's with that??? Can run them 30 times no problems but walking up them nearly killed me!!
So after my day at the beach I ended up with bad sunburn so that meant no training for 3 days until the heat went out of the sunburn!!
I didn't put sunscreen on until I finished my run and that was the problem, I burned over the course of that hour.
Won't do that again!!

So today I was itching to hit the gym!

Here is todays workout:
Treadmill Pyramid Run (Calves were killing me!!).
1 minute at each speed.
8kph
9kph
10kph
11kph
12kph
13kph
1 min recovery

8kph
9kph
10kph
11kph
12kph
13kph
14kph
1 minute recovery
8kph
9kph
10kph
11kph
12kph
13kph
14kph
15kph
2 min recovery

Felt awesome to be running.
I added an extra minute and KPH each set for the mental grind (although really today was only about 80%). I want to be able to remind myself during rounds that I can go harder and step it up a level each successive round.
The mind stuff is what drives me.

After that I hit the weights. I followed this program about 10 months ago and I love the efficiency of it and I also got some awesome results.

Looks like this:

SQUATS - 5 x 5 reps explosive 50kg (still have to go light for now as I care for my hip)
BENCH PRESS - 5 x 5 reps explosive 15kg
CHIN-UPS - 5 x 5 explosive (killed these, I've been doing sets of 10 and 12, might add some weight - woo hoo!!)

STIFF LEG DEADLIFTS - 4 x 10 reps 40kg - this is as high as the set bars were made up, could have been at least 20kg heavier so next time I'll just suck it up and set up the weight myself.
CHEST DIPS - 4 x 10 reps bodyweight 
WIDE GRIP ROW - I do this standing off the pulley so I can get the height right. 4 x 10 reps 69kg

NUTRITION
I haven't had all of my meals yet but here is what i have had so far and plan to finish with.

2 boiled eggs PLUS 1 grain Sandwich Slim with coconut oil, almond butter and cinnamon

Coffee and GNC Lock & Load 20 min before workout

GNC Protein & Glutamine in water immediately after workout

Chicken Breast and salad with greens, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fetta and balsamic.

Shake with almond milk, protein powder, greens, coconut oil, banana, cinnamon.

Lean steak and same salad as before.

Greek yoghurt and berries.


BONUS TRAINING
I'm taking Chloe and her friend Kobe to BOUNCE tonight so I'll get an hour of jumping in too.

Tomorrow Senior training kicks off at PUSH at 9.30am and then again at 7pm so I'll get 2 good training sessions in tomorrow - can't wait!!






Comments