Mojo is well and truly back!

Well as expected after a day with Lisa at the awesome Virgin Active in Bourke St I well and truly have my mojo back.
I don't think I can put it down to that day alone although we did have a blast I think in fact it is more to do with the post before "Losing your fitness mojo" and entertaining the thought of competing in figure.
Tuesday I went to see a figure coach and I have to say I was completely underwhelmed by his personality and enthusiasm!
BUT the more I spoke to him the more it dawned on me that I just don't want to go down that path - right now anyway.
The thought of depleting and that impacting on my other training and teaching has been weighing on my mind.
After that visit I decided that it ain't for me.
I have always been more focused on what my body can do rather than what it looks like - that is just the benefit of doing training I love and eating balanced nutrition.
I'm not willing to give that up. That right there is what got my mojo back!
I can still build up some more muscle without having to compete - my competitiveness can be an issue at times :)

Anyway back to our day at Virgin Active.

We spent 5 and a half hours there (including coffee and lunch) and at one point I did say to Lisa that we could have saved ourselves $30 each and worked out at her gym or mine as we spent most of the time kicking and punching :)

We also did a Powerplate stretch class that was really good. I've not been too interested in the Powerplate, whenever they try to sell anything and everything as a weight loss tool it loses credibility, I'm definitely NOT touting it as a weight loss tool but as a stretch aid it was awesome!!

The staff at Virgin are impeccable, a lot of gyms would do well to follow in their footsteps. Customer service is amazing!

Term 4 has started at my full time training centre too so that has contributed to it
It is always great to see a lot of new faces and I know where they will be in 10 weeks compared to now and that always inspires me.

The footnote to today would be that mojo for your training can come from the most unexpected places.
I've always been motivated by what I am going to do not what I am NOT going to do so perhaps look at what you are doing now that you are not enjoying or are doing because you think you should (me!) and see if that helps you get your spark back.


So right now I am pumped about my training although nothing has really changed!
My back and hip pain is still out of control but I'm pushing through and just waiting it out till it settles again!
Planning time for my hip surgery isn't going to be easy. I said to Lisa I'll probably do it over winter so if I stack on a few kg's I can cover it up :)


As always your thoughts are most welcome.
Mx

Comments