Losing your fitness mojo.

My buddy Lisa and I are heading to Virgin Active today and plan to spend the whole day there.
I think they may have to kick us out as they close because I can't see us leaving till they make us :)
Lisa and I have had this day planned for about 6 weeks now and here we are 2 women in their 40's like kids waiting for Christmas morning!

I've been training since I was 18 and Lisa is the same so we are talking 24 years and roughly 29 years respectively so why the excitement about a day at a gym??

For one have you ever been to a Virgin Active??
There is every toy and every fitness bell and whistle going round plus the place is just sooo coool!

But the main thing is being able to set aside a day to spend with someone who shares the same passions.
Lisa is a few years older than me but loves boxing, not fitness boxing, not cardio boxing - the real deal, she spars every week and is looking to compete sometime this year.
I am so proud of her for having the guts to follow this passion when many have asked WHY at her age, why indeed!!

With my martial arts background we get each other when few others do!
Lisa is also a PT and has her own PT business so we have that in common as well.

She also has the wickedest sense of humour I have ever come across - she is hilarious and we feed off each other and spend the day laughing our butts off.

To be honest I am in a bit of a training rut, my hip / SIJ pain is at an all time high and while I can work weights my running has been badly effected as has my kicking which if I let it would lead to major frustration & anxiety.  Timing my hip operation is like trying to schedule a moon landing now I have my full time centre.

Today will be just what the doctor ordered. Lisa is supremely fit right now which will push me because I'm not used to training with anyone fitter than I am! OUCH!
Right now I'm training but without any spark - I hope to have Lisa's passion and supreme fitness rub off on me and give me my spark back.

Pain can be a real dampener on enthusiasm but with the right motivation it is easy to ignore and work through.

In the past Lisa has needed me to motivate her and help her find her training spark and she would probably be very surprised to hear I need some of what she has right now :)

Everyone needs some motivation from time to time, even people you think never lose it. When you lose inspiration for your training it is important to go looking for it; plan a fitness adventure, try something new etc to find it before you spiral into a place you don't want to go to.

You can find inspiration from many places if you start to look for it.

For me all it should take is a day in an awesome gym, hanging out with someone who shares the same thoughts and passions on fitness and martial arts and I'll have my mojo back (physio AND massage on Saturday should also help!) and be ready to run headfirst into my next goal.

That goal just quietly centres around an appointment with a body building coach on Tuesday to get some feedback on my physique (EEK!) most suitable division / training etc.

So while I have had a flat spot for a few weeks now due to pain I am excited to have something new to sink my teeth into for a little while.

So if you have lost your fitness mojo hook up with a like minded buddy and spend the day doing something different - a day of fitness adventure :)

As always your thoughts are welcome.

Comments