What I'm up to.

It has been a little while since I posted anything about my busy little life and what I am up to so here goes...
I just launched my Glow Lifestyle VIP Club which has been a HUGE amount of work and it ain't done yet!!
I have been working 13 hour days which is a little bit crazy but when I get the bit between my teeth I pull out all stops until it is DONE and done.

The VIP Club is now launched and apart from adding a few final touches this week it is now all under control until I need to go in and add more menus, workouts etc in 2 weeks time so that is a big relief and it also means I have my life back :)

I took this week off training my ladies in the mornings so I can catch up on some sleep and just wind back a little bit by not having to get up at stupid o'clock each morning.

My taekwondo school is moving along ok but this week I was able to finally secure my new full time training centre and I move in around June 1st - as you can expect I am sooooo excited about that!! Too excited for words.
After running taekwondo schools from full time venues for most of my taekwondo life it feels as though I am not doing it properly operating out of someone else's space and I welcome once again having my own "home".
This also means I can start running my other fitness classes and bringing in some other trainers and group exercise instructors to come play alongside me.

My training is all about taekwondo, running (not as much as usual) and weight training - my training isn't as full on as it normally is simply due to time restraints and so much work to shift in the past couple of weeks.

Once the kids go back to school and we get Easter out of the way I will be back to full steam ahead in that dept.

I have also decided to give myself a gift :)

For 20 years I have been learning taekwondo and I LOVE, LOVE LOVE it as you may have guessed by now and I will continue to teach and love it and will be grading for my 5th degree black belt this year.

I am now going to give myself the gift of being a beginner again and am going to try my first Hapkido class tomorrow night.

My Korean Head Instructor Mr Chang did teach us some Hapkido and Judo years ago but as I was a full on sparring head I was completely focused on sparring and competition plus I was completely in love with taekwondo and wouldn't dream of adding another art.

Now I am a little older and wanting to grow in my martial arts training it is time to look at a different style and learn something completely new.

I am comfortable with the fact that I don't have to love taekwondo any less to do another art (a biggie for me) and that this is ok for me to do.

Loyalty is huge in martial arts (for me it is anyway!) and there is always a massive struggle to take on another art other than your chosen one but I am ready now.

In taekwondo we meet force with force and it is aggressive - in hapkido you use the other persons force so different movement patterns and philosophy's.

I think it will do me good to learn something well out of my comfort zone.

Wish me luck :)

This week I plan to kick back a bit and take it easy - do no work (or the least amount possible) over Easter then hit it with all of my usual passion and energy once the break is over.

Today I am taking Chloe shopping in Melbourne Central and we will visit the newly refurbished Myer building.

It will be a fun day.

Michelle x

Comments