What I eat.

A few days ago I had a request for a blog about what I eat each day to stay in shape so here tis.

6am I have GNC Whey & Oats with rice milk before I head out to train my ladies.

8.30am 2 Slices of grain toast with peanut butter, banana (about $8 each right now!) and honey and a coffee.
This is to fuel up for taekwondo training which happens 4 mornings  a week.

11am  Box of almonds (kids snack box) and fruit before I hit the gym.

12.30 GNC 100% Whey protein &  glutamine mixed with water immediately after my workout along with a pear.

2.30 brown rice, chicken breast and veggies with a dash of olive oil.

4.30 cottage cheese, berries and yoghurt

6.30 Salmon, sweet potato mash and veggies.

Variations for lunch are brown rice salmon sushi or tuna with wholemeal pasta or tuna on vita wheat crackers or chicken and salad wrap or sandwich mixed with mashed boiled egg mixed with 1 tsp hommus and lettuce plus probably too many more to mention!

Some dinners I add pasta or rice if I know my metabolism is cranking and I don’t want to wake up too hungry because I know I need to train hard and need the energy.
Some dinners I just eat whatever I have cooked for the family which is a stir-fry or wraps or something similar.
I also change the protein source around; I have salmon twice a week and sometimes 3 times and the rest is chicken breast or lean steak.

Breakfast can be a protein pancake made with oats and banana and topped with yoghurt if I have time or an egg white omelet again if I have time, these are usually made on the weekends.
I often batch cook the pancakes and use these as snacks as well.

As you can see it is pretty simple, probably more carbs than some of you would expect but carbs are an important part of my nutrition with running and taekwondo making up a large part of my training  I need them to fuel my workouts and to keep me energized.

If my training drops back my carbs naturally drop along with it ; not to no carbs but I’d drop them at dinner and maybe lunch if I wasn’t hungry.

You can see there are lots of fruit and veg, good carbs, plenty  of protein from different sources along with some good fats.

This is how I eat all year round and it works for me, my weight doesn’t change apart from around “that time of the month” when I mysteriously pick up an extra kg or two (SO unfair!).
Any questions just shoot.

Michelle x

Comments