Easter Damage Control

Well thankfully Easter is finally over, the kids are back at school and life returns to normal.

I do pretty well over Easter and am not overly tempted by the googies these days.

We do the traditional Hot Cross Bun thing on Sunday morning and I have one hot cross bun with the kids but I stay away from the eggs. I know if I start I probably won't stop :)

I ran and hit the gym most days and continued as normal apart from the hot cross bun.

Now I am in my 40's the extra calories easter eggs bring with them are much, much harder to shift than they were in my 20's and I just don't want to go there.

I know not everyone can say NO to the eggs and for some of you, you have woken up this morning to tighter clothes and feelings of guilt wishing you hadn't indulged.

Here is the thing, what is done is done and there is no point dwelling on it, instead it is time for ACTION!

Know that after 2 or 3 days of eating well and training hard you will feel back in control and back on your way to where you want to be.

The thing is NOT to let this be the start of a slide that lasts for days or weeks.

The sooner you get back on it the sooner you can start to feel better again.

A weight loss journey is not a smooth one without bumps in the road and this is just another one so ride it out and grit your teeth for the next few days while you bring your healthy habits back into play.

Falling off the wagon is not the problem, how long it takes to get back into your healthy habits is.

For some women you will be thinking "It's Wednesday so the week is half over, I'll start again on Monday".

There is no rule to say you need to start things on a Monday :)

By Monday you can already be feeling lighter, leaner and fitter and back in control so don't waste another day feeling lousy.

Eat clean, train hard & get enough sleep then repeat.

Before you know it you will have undone the damage and will be well on your way to achieving those goals you have set yourself.

Comments