Friday 15th August 2008

Not much sleep last night so feeling a bit weary today. Chloe B and the rest of Menzies Creek Primary School participated in J-Rock last night at Vodaphone Arena in Melbourne.
They performed really well after a very long and fun day. The kids head to Vodaphone early in the morning and then spend the day rehearsing and playing games before getting ready (make-up / costumes) .
Our kids were up first and did really well as did the rest of the schools; it really is a fantastic event for the kids.
Chloe's little friend came home with us last night for a sleepover as her mum has been ill. All the kids have the day off today as we didn't get home till midnight and by the time they had a snack and got themselves ready for bed it was pretty late.
On top of all that Cody woke with a migraine just after I had fallen asleep; he has weird symptoms and reactions when he has migraines; he gets freaked out like he is in the middle of a nightmare and gets scared of things like his doona?? So it took me a while to settle him and then I couldn't sleep because he got up to get in the shower (this seems to help him) and I was worried he would fall or forget to put the cold water on because I am never sure if he is fully awake so up I got again to watch him and settle him again.

It is 10.30am and he is still asleep and the girls have not long woken up so a bit of a lazy day for all.

This afternoon I need to take Chloe H to the physio to have continued treatment on her dodgy ankle then I'll go for a run whilst she looks after the kids for me.

Her ankle is taking it's time healing. Week before last she broke two school records at the school athletics; she broke the 1500 and 800m school records - all with a dodgy ankle!
Her friend Bonnie broke the 100m record with shin splints - go girls!!

Over the last 2 weeks I have had more forced rest days than I would like with Chloe being home from school sick for almost a whole week amongst other things; can't be helped though.

I am continuing to have my weekly massages and this is keeping my body in good shape; any niggles that pop up get sorted pretty quickly and aren't persisting so whilst it is a bit costly it is money well spent. I have booked my airline tickets for France now so I will need to stay injury free now to stay on track to run the Paris Marathon. It is getting closer all the time; very exciting!!

I hear movement from the couch so time to go and check Cody.

Comments