Tuesday 2nd April 08

Hooray!! My 2 weeks rest are over and I'm back doing what I love which is training, training, training! I also had my 39th birthday last week and Chloe (little Chloe) has hers on Friday when she turns 10. Tomorrow is all about shopping for Chloe's birthday party and getting the gazebo ready for 12 rowdy 10 year old girls. The theme is Fluro disco - ahh brings back memories of the 80's, tube skirt and choose life t-shirts and wham concerts flooding back.

The school holidays have been busy for us and will continue to be busy till the kids go back. Cody has been skating most days and has thus far avoided breaking anything or splitting anything open. I can't believe how quickly these holidays have gone. Now that Cody has settled into secondary college nicely and I know I don't have anything to worry about I can relax when the new term starts.

Chloe and I are meeting my sister and her 3 girls on Sunday to go roller skating; I am very much looking forward to having a few giggles and sharing the day with them - we just managed to scrape this visit in over the holidays!

Training got off to a good start this week with my week looking like this:

Monday 6am Cardio 45 min
10am Reformer pilates 45 min
2pm Weights 40 min

Tuesday 9.30 am Taekwondo 1hr
2pm Cardio 45min

Wed 6am Cardio 45min
7pm Weights 45 min

Thurs 9.30am Taekwondo 1 hr
2pm Reformer Pilates
4pm Cardio 45 min

Friday 6am Cardio 45min
9.30am Taekwondo 1hr
2pm Weights

Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest / roller skating

Next week I also add an hour swimming to Tuesdays as I begin to have swimming lessons.

My diet looks like this right now:

7.00 Protein powder, oat and egg white pancake
9.30 10 Almonds, tbsp peanut butter, apple
12.00 1/2 cup brown rice, 120g grilled chicken, 1/2 cup brocolli and 1/2 cup capsicum
3.00 1/2 cup low fat yoghurt and 1/2 grapefruit
6.00 120g white fish or lean steak or salmon with steamer bag of veggies
8.30 1/2 cup cottage cheese with mixed berries

I am also taking glutamine, fish oil and a multi-vitamin.

I'm feeling pretty good on this, just enough food so I don't feel hungry and never enough to make me feel overfull.
I have decided that as my days are pretty flexible I will work my workouts around my food rather than the other way around and this is working well for me.

The wind is really bad here today; as I sit here tree branches are flying around and the chairs have blown off the gazebo. I keep checking that Chris is ok as he is driving around lot's today and it is pretty hairy out there.

Comments