Day 2 - Sooooooo sore but definitely not sorry :-)



This is probably the best site I've seen inside a gym since Thailand.

The minute I walk through the door and smell the sweat and the leather and see the bags hanging I'm excited to start training and it's been too long since I felt like that!!

TODAY'S TRAINING

Get Commando Fit - Day 2 Workout.

1 hour walk along the beach (sooo bloody nice today in the sunshine).

30 minutes spin bike hill repeats / 20 minutes kicking on the bag / 10 minutes fresh air kicking.

I had planned to do 30 min on the bag but I felt as though I'd been kicking for ages, was dying then looked at my clock and it had been 9 minutes...9 MINUTES!!! so I kept at it for another while thinking I'd be close to 20 minutes...NOPE....16 minutes!!

So I rounded it up to 20 minutes then did 10 minutes of fresh air technique stuff.

The calf I tore badly was screaming, my hips were tightening up so rather than be pig headed and push through to the 30 minutes I let wisdom win.

Pretty happy with the session though, 20 minutes of heavy kicking isn't that easy.

That single session shows very clearly why I'm not in shape, after years and years (decades in fact) of regular kicking I kinda forgot how intense it is, how you get such a big bang for your training buck, even if I trained in TKD only 2 times a week and slacked off a bit with my other training my weight didn't budge, 52kg month in month out.

No kicking plus peri-menopause and BANG...hello weight gain.

Anyway lifting the intensity, not doing it by halves seems to have been exactly what I needed to get back in the game.

TODAY'S NUTRITION

Coffee and 2 eggs on grain bread with butter pre-workout (workout no.1).

1 small banana and was supposed to be a protein shake in water but OMG I grabbed a sample sachet from the cupboard to try and it was so gross I had to tip it out :-(

1 Rice Cup (basmati), tuna in chilli oil and frozed peas and corn (could eat this 3 times a day!).

Dinner will be Duck Breast, home made oven baked fries and salad (Dave's cooking).

Not much of an appetite today but looking at dinner that's probably not a bad thing!!

I'm running my event all day tomorrow so I'm giving myself permission to take the day off and let my body recover (I've smashed out around 3,000 cal in the last 2 days) so I can hit it feeling fresh on Thursday.

I'd kill for a massage right now but I'm so freaking sore it would be highly unpleasant so I'll leave it until I can brush past a chair without crying :-)

Even though it's only Day 2 the fire in the belly is definitely back and I'm feeling very focused and excited about my training again.

Praise the frigg'n lawd!!








Comments