Bio-signature modulation goings on....day 6


The image above pretty much sums up my last 6 days!! Spinach, Spinach and more Spinach!!!

Below is my meal plan for the first 2 weeks, keep in mind that this meal plan is based on MY measurements (12 skinfold sites) so this is tailored specifically to my needs so I'd advise against following it without knowing what your exact bio-signature is...ok...here goes.

Meal 1:     100g steak, 5g coconut oil, 50g baby spinach (this is a big pile).

Meal 2:     2 eggs, 1/4 avocado, 50g baby spinach.

Meal 3:    100g chicken breast, 80g mixed salad, 10ml olive oil, 15g fetta.

Meal 4:    50g raw mixed nuts, protein shake with water.

Meal 5:    100g salmon, 100g green veg, 10g organic butter.

When I first looked at the plan I thought "no problem" but by yesterday afternoon (Friday) I was texting Keegan to ask if I was allowed a free meal.

Praise the lord the answer was yes, he'd forgotten to tell me that (!!!!).

So I was off to the shops quicksmart!

I don't usually crave carbs AT ALL and I went in search of duck breast and potatoes but came home with Pumpkin Ravioli, Sage (for sage butter sauce), parmesan and (did NOT think I'd ever see the day) garlic bread!!! And wine!!

So I had a small bowl of pasta, 3 slices of garlic bread and a glass of red and it was bloody delicious!

It did the trick, I woke up feeling lean and my head is back in the game.

Today I nailed my meal plan and managed 2 x 30 min walks in the sunshine.

It's actually been a really fab day, I had the house to myself so I cleaned out all of the cupboard and the freezer and organised the kitchen and my office and did the washing AND I had a facial booked so that was fab too.

Very much needed a day of downtime.

Other than my free meal I've followed the plan as set out so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

Biggest challenges with the meal plan are the lack of variety, eating so much spinach and now the black coffee is starting to get to me. This morning I added 20ml of milk to my coffee after I did the sums and saw that it only added 15 cal and 1g of carbs - I need this for my sanity!!

I had planned to get up first thing and walk on the treadie for 30 min but I only did that once this week (Monday). I also worked legs on Monday, I can't do much but I can do 5 sets of leg curl and 5 sets of leg ext and seated calves so I pulled up a little sore in the hip and decided that I'd benefit more from rest than from pushing through.

Tues was weights for an hour then Wed I decided to take a rest day to give my hip another day knowing I could train Sunday.

Wed I made the mistake of letting Dave know my hip was sore and Thurs morning he made me promise I wouldn't exercise that day, wouldn't leave for work until I promised!!! Bugger it I made the promise and took the day off!! (He's killing me).

Friday was an hour of weights (still sorish so no walk).

Today I'm feeling good so I did my 2 walks and tomorrow I'll do a walk and hit the gym as well.

In the wash up I'll have nailed all 3 of the sessions set by my trainer, 2 leg sessions (instead of 3) and 4 walks (instead of 6 or 7).

Not bad for 3 weeks post surgery I guess :-)

My energy has been great, my body hasn't missed the carbs but I am bored to death with the food (death by baby spinach!!).

My weight dropped in the first few days but has been pretty steady ever since which means I'm keeping my muscle and that's the plan so I'm happy.

I won't miss the steak for dinner and 6 more days of that will do my head in if I don't take it day by day.

I'm looking forward to Friday when I'm re-tested and I get my new plan for the following 2 weeks.



Comments