Fitness Model Comp Prep - Day 3

Words can barely describe how bloody sore I am this week but the upside is Wendy is suffering right alongside me :-)

My TKD School..PUSH TKD
She turned up at Taekwondo last night grasped her quads, looked me in the eye and said "I'm a bit lactic", I nearly wet myself laughing.

Kicking when your legs are THAT sore is just not fun and I wasn't sure how the hell I was going to manage it.

Thankfully once I warmed up I felt awesome and trained really well.

It was a great nights kicking and I loved every second of it, a few laughs, trained hard and in my zone.

Reformer Pilates Studio - Berwick


Wendy and I trained back today and again a nice hard, heavy session that took us a good hour, should be nice and sore there tomorrow!

After that we headed to a Reformer Pilates session at a small studio in Berwick.

My hamstrings felt 3cm long so I wasn't sure how I'd go but it was a really good session.

The instructor really knew her stuff and on top of that my massage guy had contacted her ahead of time and gave her the rundown on my poor old body and all its ailments! Wendy is now being treated by my massage guy too so she also had info on Wendy's injuries. The fact she had all of that info meant that she wasted no time in giving us exactly the session we needed to strengthen our weaknesses and improve flexibility where we're tight.

This is going to be a great addition to our training.

On top of my 5 days split and 3 Taekwondo sessions I'm adding:
1 x Mat Pilates
1 x Reformer Pilates
1 x Yoga

I'm looking forward to seeing some great progress in my flexibility, strength and body balance and how much this improves my kicking.

My nutrition has been spot on, right down to weighing every single thing I eat.

I've been posting images of my meals on INSTAGRAM  it's pretty damn boring but I am settling into it ok.

The first day I did it easily.

The second day (yesterday) I was hungry all day.

Today I'm less hungry and still have 1 meal and a shake to go.

I can already feel my metabolism kicking up a gear and will probably need to increase my calories a bit if I don't want to starve to death and drop weight too fast.

All in all so far so good, I'm staying focused on this 4 week block and not beyond that.
I know if I can stick to this for 4 weeks I'll see some awesome results and once they start to kick in the next 4 weeks will be easier to manage.

I watched a YouTube video a while back and in it the girl said she focused on 100% 1 day at a time and that's pretty much where I'm at.

Thinking too far ahead will trip me up; 16 weeks seems like an eternity but day by day with a 4 week focus is completely do-able.

Comments