The mother of all spanners

This week has been less than awesome but I'm doing my best to stay productive and stay on track in all areas.
One of my kids has been unwell and it has been stressful and worrying and gut wrenching as we work towards getting them better; lots of doctors appointments and no short term solutions in sight has made for a rough week. Not much sleep, lots of anxiety and working hard to remain strong in the eye of the storm. The medium and long term prognosis is good but it is going to be a rough ride for a little while.
Life can throw a curveball when you least expect it that's for sure.

Just to add to the mix my car is still not ready to be picked up from the repairer!! AND our second toilet was out of action for 3 days!!! Small things by comparison but REALLY????!

My happy place in Thailand!  I go here in my mind a lot! 
Life has been so good for so long that I had forgotten what it feels like to have to dig in, gather all of your strength and deal with the big stuff.

It has me looking back over my life and realise the strength I had to have had to deal with one challenge after another.

It has helped me to keep things in perspective and remind myself that I can do this....I can get through this because I have done it before, I have all of the strength I need to handle this....I'm backing myself to stay strong and keep it together.

Back then I never considered I was strong, I was just getting through stuff as best I could and besides I only have one way to do this....face reality, dig in, get strong, stay strong and do whatever it takes....and letting go.....letting go of any and all expectations and just staying in the moment.

I could worry myself stupid with worse case scenario's but instead I've decided I'm not going to worry and stress about what may or may not happen. I'm staying in the moment and taking it as it comes dealing with things as they come up and moving on.

I'm acutely aware of the need to keep to my routine as much as possible and the need to take care of myself. I don't feel like eating much because my gut is in knots, I sit down to a meal but find I'm full pretty quickly.  I'm making sure I have my green shakes because I know these are a great safety net when I'm not getting enough fruit and veg in my meals.

I'm posting and blogging every day and ensuring my businesses run smoothly but big projects are on hold for a few weeks.

I'm taking time off when I need it, I'm training (or not training), I'm taking walks, I'm staying in touch with those closest to me, asking for help when I need it (a new skill) and Dave has been my rock: solid, reliable, loving, thoughtful, supportive and wise.

I can't help but be optimistic and positive, it's in my nature to see the glass half full even under the most trying of circumstances, I've always been this way and for that I'm grateful.

I'm feel strong and confident I am doing everything I can and need to do and that we will have a good outcome in the not too distant future... in the meantime I'm staying in the moment doing what it takes.

It's so interesting to me that when life is pretty much perfect (I mean look at the name of this blog for goodness sake) and looks to only get better and better with time that something left of field like this comes along and throws the mother of all spanners in the works.

I've had been reading the book The Big Leap because I had been experiencing some challenges around dealing with a new level of business success (not every something I thought I would have a problem with but hey..who knew!?).

It is so interesting to me that you can achieve a previously unmatched success in one area of your life and feel as though all of your dreams are finally coming to fruition only to have something go pear shaped somewhere else because we are causing these things to occur because we are uncomfortable with the notion we can (or deserve) to be 100% happy in all areas of our lives 100% of the time.

The book talks about having things go amazingly in your business life and all of a sudden there are issues in your relationship or your health or that you find your perfect partner and are super happy only to have your business fall apart.
As humans we just can't handle it when things are awesome...we wait for the axe to fall, for this bliss to end. We are nuts!!!

I'm not sure where my current circumstances fit into this if at all but it just gets me that after so so long I have everything I want in life and this shows up...it just ain't cricket!!!

So...the rest of this week is about more appointments and more finding out about what next and working hard to continue on with life as usual. It isn't the daunting prospect it was when I first started writing this post and the longer I write the more my optimism grows (hence the long post!!).

I know I have your good thoughts coming my way and I thank you all in advance, you guys are awesome.

Chat soon x









Comments