Resurrecting my personal blog...

I'm back!!

Over the past months I've had some of my glow clients ask where I'm blogging these days so they can follow along.

This year I have focused on establishing my business blog and working hard to build my facebook pages for michellehext.com and pushtkd.com.au .

I'd pondered resurrecting this blog but was too flat out crazy busy working on my businesses to give it the attention it deserved. Things have quietened down somewhat and the plan is to keep it that way so I'll once again have the time to put into it.

So what can you expect?

Life pretty much fell into 3 categories over the past decade or more and it looked like this:

TRAINING
BUSINESS
EVERYTHING ELSE!

Now life looks far more exciting :-)

Along with the end of 2012, 2013 was a very big year for me in many, many ways and pretty much all of it good (even if I didn't know it at the time).

LOVE:

Relationships have been my biggest struggle and to say I am 99.9% sure I have been able to sort this part of my life out is no small thing because of the impact the bad ones have had on the other parts of my life so this is where I'll start.

I had separated from my husband of 10 years in August and had hip surgery not long after that, my kids were reintroduced to their dad after 10 years in amongst all of this (while this was good it was also highly stressful) and to say I couldn't wait to see the end of 2012 would be an understatement!

2013 started well, I had met someone new and had "the relationship you need to have" after the end of a longterm relationship. This gave me just the perspective and space I needed to really get clear on what I wanted and needed in the person I planned on spending my time with.

For the first time ever I was able to admit that while I enjoy my own company and am fiercely independent I do LOVE being in a relationship....if its with the right person so I got ok with that concept. Before this I was busy telling myself I didn't need anyone, I was better on my own etc etc..these are things I constantly told myself even when I was in a relationship.

Along with the short-lived relationship after my separation, writing my book  helped me to see pretty clearly that I had built up some bigass walls that would make the Great Wall appear insignificant.

I knew I had to soften and allow myself to be vulnerable...no easy feat for someone used to smashing their way through life head first....but I did it, I worked on my fears and insecurities and worked that shit out!

It turns out this was a good thing because when Dave walked into my life I was in a great place and ready to give myself 100% for the first time in many decades...since my relationship with the kids dad.

Dave was also at a place in his life where he realised he needed to do things differently in relationships too and I have to say we make an awesome team. THIS is what a relationship should be, we both know it and we know the past experiences we bring into this relationship have helped us land in exactly the right place at the right time to make this the best thing ever.

Dave and I moved in together a couple of days before Christmas 6 months after our first date and 16 months after my separation. Things have never felt so right for either of us and it is amazing.
Our house is beautiful, our life together is amazing and we pretty much want to spend every second together.

BUSINESS:
I've been in business for well over 20 years now, I've been entrepreneuring it longer than I was ever employed or at school. Its my thing.
I've had some great successes over the years but right now I am absolutely living my entrepreneurial dream. I've finally figured it out and it is no small coincidence that I found my stride once I dealt with my unhappy marriage.
Starting over (again) forced me to once again get crystal clear on what I wanted to do with my working life. I was torn between growing my taekwondo school and my love of online enterprise.
Turned out I could do both and it all started with streamlining my MA School and only teaching a small amount of students I love to teach.
The usual route of building student numbers and teaching more classes didn't appeal to me because I knew I would still dabble in online enterprise and more classes would mean less time to do this.
I developed the Martial Arts Entrepreneur Program for Martial Arts School Owners based on what I did with PUSH (my own school). Turns out this is a massive winner!
I've been running a live version of the program but will release my online version in January and launch that here, in the US and the UK.
I've found my "zone of genius", my philosophies are based on growing better communities and allowing instructors to teach from the heart so I'm very proud of the work I am doing and I love seeing the excitement on the faces of the instructors I work with.
My business life is all I could have hoped for and more.
I'm working on and will release my second book by the same name "The Honourable Martial Arts Entrepreneur" in 2014.

TRAINING:
I'm still at it :-)
This year my friend Wendy and I trained together most days which was new for me.
We push each other nice and hard and enjoy our time in the gym a LOT!
I'm not running much, no events, no triathlon, no form of any sort of competition and I'm good with it.
My training was my outlet for the many frustrations in my life, throwing myself into hardcore training sessions saved my sanity when I thought I'd go mad with misery because my marriage was such a lonely place.
These days I love my training, still train hard and am always looking for ways to raise the bar but training is no longer everything.
I went to Thailand and trained at Tiger Muay Thai and at another Mauy Thai gym on the beach and it was awesome to take myself out of my comfort zone and see if I still had it! Turns out I did and it was awesome! Got to do some sparring and I did really well given we don't usually use our hands in sparring in TKD.
I'm going back and I'm taking Wendy with me!
One of the trainers asked me if I would fight for them and I said "hell no". Don't worry there was a split second where I thought "hell yeah" but then remembered my age!

TRAVEL:
This year I clocked up 2 OS trips.
One to the US with Wendy in July where we went to Vegas and San Francisco. Highlights were training our guts out in the gym in Vegas a day trip to Saulsalito and a winery tour through the Nappa Valley ( oh yeah!).

Dave and I went to Thailand and had 8 days together before he flew out and I went to the fight camp.
We did some amazing things and Dave's a gun on a bike and had been to Thailand 3 times before this trip so I got to see all the good bits!


LIFE:
I've been living in Emerald and to be honest I never, ever loved it.
I grew up near the beach and lived near the beach for most of my adult life so the hills were a shock.
I was over dirt roads and having to drive to Narre Warren and Pakenham from the hills often twice a day.
We moved to Berwick less than a week ago and already I LOVE IT!!!
Life is sooooo much easier already!
Where we live is scattered with running tracks and ponds and ducks and grass and trees AND I'm close to everything I need.
The plan is to stay put until Chloe finishes secondary school then head closer to the beach.
For now though I love where we live and it suits me perfectly!

I also think I got much wiser this year and have been able to let go a lot of the habits that once served me but no longer do. Being busy was a must because it stopped life feeling empty....I no longer feel the need to be busy to fill the void.
I found myself always rushing and filling every minute for the same reasons...now I'm working hard on slowing down and I'm pulling myself up when I feel myself rushing. Usually there is no reason to rush.
I got into such a habit of generating stress for myself when there wasn't any (as a distraction) that it became my natural state.
I'm becoming more zen.....well that's the plan!!

The photo above is one Dave took at mums on Christmas Eve, I looked at it and I was shocked to see how much my happiness reflected in my face...I like it....despite the growing crows feet :-)

2014 is going to be an amazing year and I hope you will follow along with me.

I have always had such a wonderful relationship with my online friends and you mean the world to me, it feels as though no joy is complete unless I share it with you, and I know that when I share my pain you are there to support me 100%.
You are part of my world and it wouldn't be the same living what is about to be an amazing year without sharing it with you.

Mwah xxx


Comments