BIG ASS goals that make you feel alive.



 Are you making good stuff happen for yourself??


Today I put the finishing touches on my trip to the US next week.

Next week I am going to the Martial Arts Success Show in Vegas (yeah baby!).

I have wanted to go to this thing for probably 15 YEARS!!

Year after year I put it off with excuses ie: no one can take my classes while I am away, the kids are too small, can’t afford it etc etc etc

Can’t believe I am finally going.

This is Martial Arts heaven!

4 days of Martial Arts marketing, business systems, accreditation courses and of course TRAINING, lots of training!!

Cannot remember the last time I took my dobok on holiday with me!

Till today I have put my excitement on hold because I have been so flat out and haven’t really had much of a chance to think about it.

When I went in to book my flight today I figured I would go to Vegas for the conference and then fly home keeping it a short trip as I am going alone.

The gorgeous lady at the travel agent (Kerry at Flight Centre Fountain Gate) encouraged me to stay longer and to make the most of my stopover in San Francisco.

This means I now have to get someone to take over my taekwondo classes for a night (unheard of!) but you know what, sometimes you just need to shift heaven and earth a little to do what you really want to do if you know the benefits out weight the cost.

NOW I’m excited!!

I absolutely adored SF the last time I travelled there and I am so glad I made the choice to do this.

The last time I went to the US I was 20 years old (400 years ago now) and I went on my own then as well.

I’ll have 6 days in Vegas and 3 in SF and I am staying at some gorgeous places.

The stunning Marriott in Union Square SF and The Venetian Palazzo in LV.

Just a few months ago this trip was all going to be too hard and I almost said for yet another year – I’ll go next year.

But I looked back at how long I had been saying that and it scared me because over a decade had passed and I was still telling myself I would do it next year!!

Give me a business goal, give me a fitness goal, give me something that needs to be done for my family and it’s a done deal.

Taking time to do something BIG for me just does not happen.

Just doesn’t happen.

And I know I am not alone.

Do you also put off the BIG dreams you have for yourself because there are a million reasons you can’t?

For me it was:
I need to be there for classes for last week of term.
I am too busy with work.
I want to take the whole family and organsing that is a nightmare.
I just spent A LOT of money on a business course so the cost will stress me out.
Can I really be bothered? (!!!??? I know!!)
I can always go next year.

But you know what, the moment I DECIDED I was doing this all of that stuff fell away and the universe arranged itself in a way for me to see it was more than possible.

In fact I began to think “why the hell didn’t I do this sooner”???

Once you jump in you have to swim and once you start swimming you begin to think – hey it’s nice in here :)

I can’t tell you the excitement I am feeling right now.

I encourage you to think of a BIG ASS personal goal that has NOTHING to do with work or your family or how your body looks but instead something that excites you are makes you feel alive.

Do not put it off any longer.

DECIDE – SET A DATE AND LOCK THAT BABY IN.
I would love to hear what your BIG ASS goal is so drop me a line.

Comments