Halfway through January - How are your resolutions coming along?

Can you believe we are already on the other side of halfway through January??!!
There is always such a big build up to the end of the year and then before we know it we are looking down the barrel of Feb.
Is it just me or do the years get shorter?? :)
By now your resolutions are either a thing of the distant past or you are working hard towards achieving them.
Which one are you?
If you are working hard towards your resolutions (or as I prefer to call them Goals) and making good progress then congratulations - you are apparently one of the very few who are still chasing their goals this deep into January!
If your goal is long forgotten WHAT HAPPENED?
Did you fall back into old habits?
Did you not take the time to ensure the goal you set yourself was compelling and inspiring in the first place?
There are two of the most common reasons we fall off the wagon but it isn't too late to turn things around and get this ship back on course.
It is time to get tough with yourself before the year really gets away from you and you end up spending another year wasting valuable time when you could be making this your best year yet.
If you are struggling with motivation then it is time to go find some and pronto.
One of the best ways I know to find inspiration and keep it front and centre is a Vision Board.
If you have read my blog for a while you will know that every year I create a new Vision Board with images and words that reflect what I want my focus to be for that year.
This year it is all about my taekwondo training and its philosophy's and getting my body to stay injury free and improve my flexibility.
As I am nudging 43 now when I look for inspiring images I look to athletes who are my age or older who have bodies that seem to be in great working order allowing them to train and compete injury free into their 40's and beyond.
Dara Torres & Lance Armstrong feature strongly on my vision board not because of their successes in their chosen sport (although I admire that greatly too) but for the fact that they are still going harder than most people half their age and are fit, strong and look amazing.
I also know that the older we get the harder it is on our bodies to train at a higher level as the recovery time is longer despite our minds telling us we are still spring chickens our bodies can protest this!
2012 is also going to be about balance.
Given I will be teaching 20 plus classes (including some PT sessions) each week and have 2 businesses to run including one in its first year and a family and my own training to take care of this is a big ask.

Being able to shut down and relax when I get the opportunity is going to be important - something I find hard to do but is a must this year if I want my family to speak to me and to stay healthy :)

So what is your inspiration going to be?
What is your 2012 going to be about?

Don't let 2012 take off without you.
Grab it with both hands and make this your year.

As always comments are always welcome.
Michelle x

Comments