Quick update

Just a quick update today.
Tomorrow is my 5th dan grading so getting very excited about it now.
This morning at training we did a heap of self defence and I am feeling pretty good about everything now so all I really need to do is keep up the study (who knows what I will be asked tomorrow night!) and do some visualisation stuff and run through my presentation stuff.
I have to chose a topic relating to TKD and do a demo or talk for 15 minutes - I am going to talk on Making Weight. As sport taekwondo requires us to compete in weight divisions (mine was 43-47kg or fly weight) we are usually always having to lean down to make weight. I have always done it well by staying at or close to fighting weight but too many competitors try to lose 3-5kg in the week or so before a fight and end up wasted on the day so I plan to offer a safer, easier way to make weight and include a training plan and nutrition plan - stuff I do everyday so easy for me and a lot of fun.
Never, ever do I have anyone come watch me grade or fight - I usually just keep it low key, train my butt off and don't make such a big deal about it all but this time round I thought I would ask some people along to watch as 5th dan is a pretty big deal in the scheme of things - well it looks like an army is now coming!
My mum and her partner along with my auntie and uncle are coming, my students, the ladies I train in the mornings and my family so all the more reason to be on my game!
My students have pre-grading (practice grading) again tonight and will be grading on Saturday so lots of TKD to come over the next couple of days!
I told my ladies I wouldn't be training them in the morning as an extra hour or so sleep won't go astray as we don't grade till 7pm and the adrenalin pumping through my body all day will take its toll by then no doubt and lack of sleep won't help :)
So everything is in place, my body feels good, I feel confident and all I need to do now is bring it!
Wish me luck everyone and I'll post some photo's and video after I get the job done.

Comments