Update

I try to post at least 2 blog posts each week but this week I wasn't so successful (unless you count today!) because I have been so ridiculously busy it isn't funny!

But it is good busy so no complaints from me :)

This week I found out I can grade for my 5th dan (5th degree black belt) in June rather than October / November and I have jumped at the chance as this now means I should be able to do the Melbourne Marathon. The plan was to try and do both but was likely to end up injured with the training load in two such different sports. Now I don't have to worry about that.

Deciding to grade in June has turned my world upside down a bit because there is a lot to do - next Friday night I have my practice grading where I get the go ahead to grade in June (Basically if I'm crap I need to wait till the end of the year).

To give you an idea my last grading went for 3.5hrs so there is a lot to pull together!

So....my fitness needs to come up, I need to develop a million and one self-defence defences against various attacks, develop kicking sequences against different attacks, I need to remember a lot of stuff including doing my pattern and reciting all of the moves in Korean, I need to write 2 essays including one on the The Biomechanics of Roundhouse versus Side Kick and a million and other things.

Here is the pattern for 5th dan. I will be doing my previous patterns as well but this the pattern for this particular grading.

I'm definitely up for the challenge and now this is what my next 5 weeks looks like :)

1: Grading practice, grading practice and more grading practice.

2: Setting up my new full time centre which opens in less than 3 weeks and includes a new timetable that will add another 6 or so classes to my schedule each week.

3: Prep my new students for our first ever club grading which will be held the day after my grading.

4: Interview and train new staff for the new centre.

5: Continue to work on my fitness & strength training.

6: Attend some Lorna Jane VIP Events.

7: My usual Glow workload.

8: Being mum, wife and chief bottle washer.

9: Continue to train my ladies each morning for an hour.


It is going to be a huge 5 weeks but knowing that in 5 weeks I can relax will keep me focused.

If this was a 6 month prospect it would be a different story but I can do 5 weeks of crazy.

I'll be doing my best to get 2 blog posts up a week but if I miss one or two you will know why!

Comments