Training, Training and more training..

My training for Shep Half Ironman is moving along better than anticipated in terms of how my body is holding up. 
It seems the conservative approach I have opted for is definitely what my body needs. I still have a long way to go but the fact my body is absorbing the training well is an excellent sign. 
Last week I finally managed to bring some weight training back into my program after way too long without it.
I spent some time in the gym with my physio last week and he created a rehab program for me to do under strict instructions not to do anything silly (who me!) and to take it slowly. 
The physio program is perfect and the best news is I was able to do it without bringing on a major flare up so this is big for me, this has not happened in a very long time.  

So now this is what my week looks like:  
Monday: Swim (speed day) & weights/physio program 
Tuesday: Bike (hills) & swim (endurance set) & weights  
Wednesday: Swim (long day) & Run & physio program 
Thursday: Bike (recovery session) & Long run 
Friday: Long bike & weights/ physio program 
Saturday: Day off 
Sunday: Run  

The highlight from last week was finally getting myself a decent windtrainer and spending 2 hour's on it!  
2 hours of riding and not going anywhere can be a bit trying to say the least and the bit I enjoyed the most was getting off the darn bike!  
I had no idea I would be spending so much time on the windtrainer when I bought my first one (a Half Ironman wasn't even a remote possibility back then). 
My new one is so much better and I only hate it half as much :) I had been having knee problems - something that hadn't happened since my early taekwondo comp days and knew it wasn't the bike fit because Andrew had spent a long time getting it right then adjusting it and it turns out it was my old trainer. 
Not a sign of it since I got my new one. Much relief about that because I certainly didn't want to be dealing with knee problems on top of everything else!  

Yesterday Chris & the kids and I drove to my mums at McCrae and spent a lovely day catching up with her & Jim and hearing all about their adventures traveling around Oz.  
My auntie Karen was at mums as well and it is always so nice to see her. When I was little I spent a lot of time with my auntie Karen and uncle Dez and now I don't get to see them near enough. My auntie Karen is an absolute scream and her and mum spent hours reliving their antics as kids. My kids loved it and didn't want to go home. 
I remember my sister and I doing the same thing as kids, always wanting to hear more and more. 
My mum is one of 5 sisters so there are always plenty of stories to have us rolling on the ground laughing.  

I am counting down the days left of winter and barely hanging on for Spring and some warmer weather. Training outside this time of the year really has tested my commitment at times but I am proud to say that I hung in there. 
Thankfully winter has actually gone pretty quickly because I have been so busy so I just hope then next month flies too! Time to get back to this weeks progress reports. I hope everyone is staying healthy, fit and active xx

Comments

Not many people can say "they feel their training is right on track" most of us are worried to death its lagging, nice work.