Run Melbourne

Did Run Melbourne this morning and for me it was a race to forget.
Slow time, worked much harder than I should have had to for the time I ran it in so pretty disappointing all round and on top of that my hip and back are really sore - something I had hoped to avoid heading into this weeks training.
Just one of those days where things did not come together as planned but enough of that as I have many successes to feel good about even if they are not mine :)

I met up with Darlene, haven't seen her in ages so a treat to spend some time with her.
Darlene ran well and beat me by about 2 minutes :)

The two ladies I had running today kicked butt.

My lady with her first 10k did it in 51minutes which is a cracking pace given the course and conditions today - lots of hills and strong winds.

My lady doing her first ever 5k did the whole thing, no walking and in around 36minutes - this is huge for a lady who has only been running for a couple of months. Not so long ago her 5k time was up around the 42minute mark so HUGE improvement there.

We are swimming in the morning so I am looking forward to hearing all about it (after I work them hard of course).

I am now 118 days out from Shep Half Iromnan and feeling pretty good about things; still a lot of work to do between now and then but so far training is on track.

Now I have my new cycling buddy I am much more confident and excited about my bike training.
Last Wednesday we did our first ride along Beach Rd (I have only been game to ride on the path before now), from St.Kilda heading down towards the Peninsula. 
It was a tough ride as the wind was nasty. Great ride out, mental toughness training on the way back :)  We were both pretty pumped when we got back and even though it was a tough ride you couldn't get the smile off our face despite nearly soiling our pants when we got caught between two massive trucks!!
Tammie is doing Shep as well so that is an added bonus.

Time to get off the computer and put my feet up for a bit before another big week ahead.

Comments

Jford said…
118 days!!! I am excited to hear about your race down under!