Stepping outside my comfort zone.


Monday I took the plunge and signed up for the Shepparton Half Ironman - 1.9km swim / 90km bike / 21.1km run.
Today I signed up for Round The Bay in a Day 100km ride.
My body is feeling pretty good at the moment, feeling very strong. 
Having run the Puffing Billy Great Train Race (13.2km of hills) on virtually no training it was a reminder that we are all capable of so much more than we think we are.
I am currently running a Live version of the Total Body Transformation Program with a group of ladies in my home town and I have pushed them to do things they never thought possible - running and entering events(1 lady came 18 out of 280 in her age group at the Mothers Day Challenge!), learning to swim and signing up for Triathlon Pink.
Things that were never on the radar before.
Every week I am seeing just how excited my live girls and online girls are when they reach yet another milestone.
Every week is a reminder that we often underestimate just what we are capable of.
So... it is with that frame of mind I decided to take on the Half Ironman.
I know I can do the distances no problem - the challenge is going to be getting to the start line injury free. The challenge will be to balance training so I am doing enough and not too much.  The other challenge will be training through winter - running and swimming are fine but 3 & 4 hour bike rides in winter will be very testing.
The organisation around my training / nutrition / family / glow etc is going to be paramount but I am really excited about how I am going to feel when I cross the finish line.

My challenge to you is -  What are you going to do to step outside of your comfort zone??

When we challenge ourselves to step up we grow and develop as individuals and this brings with it great fulfilment and satisfaction.

The best gift you can give yourself is the pride of achievement so I really encourage you to think big and take the plunge.

I'd love to hear about what you came up with.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Michelle,

As a committee member of Shepparton Triathlon Club and also on the organising Committee I recieve Google Alerts for the event. Today your's popped into my email box..

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy our event, the course, it's fast and flat, the weather can be unpredictable but that is half the fun of it as well.

Hope your training goes well over the coming months, my suggestion would be to get some accomodation booked in as soon as possible, it's one of the first things to go, the whole town is generally booked out well in advance..

Look forward to seeing you in Shepparton in November.

Simone.
Jford said…
MIchelle, that is awesome! I am doing my first HIM in Sept, and I am excited and scared all at the same time. I am so looking forward to crossing that finish line and crossing the final step off my plan to get to my full Ironman! I know you are going to do great!
Michelle said…
Thanks for the warm welcome Simone. I did hear you got a 42degree day last year which is a bit scary!! Thanks for the tip re accomodation.
Congrats on signing up for the HIM, I love that distance.