Kids are back at school - woot woot (in the nicest possible way).

I am sure I am not alone in feeling I have my life back now school is back in :) 

My brain was turning to mush and as an example of this I went to use my bank access card and forgot my pin number - I am sure that has happened to everyone at some point BUT I didn't ever remember it again and had to go get a new one!!

This is a card I have been using for years, pretty much every day, sometimes a few times a day!! 

You have to wonder don't you!!  
I put it down to the stress of that last week really wanting to get into work but feeling held back because I wanted to "make the most" of the last week of the hols for the kids.  

Well the kids are now back at school and poor Chloe crashed on the couch from around 5pm till I finally woke her up and put her to bed at 8.30pm - she had a headache and was red in the face and just exhausted - poor little thing - grade 6 must be huge to do that to her :)  

She has her first dance class at her new school this afternoon - 3 hours of dancing - think she will flake it in the car on the way home :)  

I have loved being back in my office to get some good work done - just not the same from home - the guilts get me when the kids are home and I lock myself away in the spare room.  
My training has been pretty good over the hols but the weekends triathlon showed me just how much strength I have lost due to the SI Joint injections and my injuries. 

I was almost 3 minutes off my regular run time and the bike time was average too.  

Until I get some strength back in my legs and glutes I need to keep the gears small or it causes too many problems for my back and hips so while my cadence is good because of the small gears my overall speed isn't what it should be.  

BUT I have to be happy that I actually got to do one this year when it looked like I wouldn't AND I finished in the top 22% both overall and in my age group so I have to be happy with that even if I am not happy with my times :)  

I have another tri in March and after that I am going to pull the pin on tri training till August / September and spend the time in the gym building up strength and on my running and flexibility and try to get my body ready to get back into some taekwondo come April.  

That's the plan anyway :)  

I'm almost in 2 minds about doing the March Tri as I am super keen now to get into the gym and I don't know there is much to be gained from dragging it out but I'll have a think about it this week and then decided.  

Have had my acupuncture today and boy did it hurt - normally it isn't too bad at all but I think Andrew is going a bit harder now I have had some sessions. 

The ones in my right glute and in my sacrum are killers!  

He did say he knew what I was going through (didn't help much ) and that he has had 2 physio's working on him at once going hell for leather with the needles (that helped :) ).  

Putting the finishing touches to the newsletter then I can put that baby to bed!

Comments