5 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism The Natural Way

5 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism The Natural Way

These days I have a naturally fast metabolism; which means that my body burns calories at a higher rate than average.

It also means I can eat a lot more than the average person without putting on weight.

When I am in full training mode it is hard to keep enough food going in to keep up with the amount of calories I am burning which, if I am not careful, can result in rapid weight loss.

I can see a significant change in my metabolism with increased training; it is almost like someone has turned up the dial and I can feel my metabolism racing.

This has not always been the case.

When I was in my very early 20’s I went on a bit of a go slow. I was at tafe full time plus working a part time job and learning to fly at the same time and while I was busy I was not as active as I had been and my diet left a lot to be desired. 

I was living on my own and always rushing from home to school (90 minutes away), from school to work, from home to flying lessons then to school – it was absolute craziness.

Needless to say my metabolism was NOT fast then. Too much time sitting on my butt in class and studying after school and too many meals and pinched chips from the kitchen at the pub I was working at along with the beers at knock off time.

I remember how flat I felt, how foggy my brain was and how my classmates would elbow me awake as I nodded off in class.

I felt slow and looked a fright I’m sure.

I know what it is like to have a fast metabolism and a slow one and a fast one wins hands down.

Your energy levels are higher, you are more alert, you feel bright and on top of things and the added bonus is the effect it has on weight.

Many people feel they need to be born with a high metabolism to have one and you are definitely at an advantage if genetic’s hands you a fast metabolism on a platter BUT you can definitely manipulate your metabolism to speed it up.

AND you can do this without buying over the counter fat burners with hideous side effects.

Here are my Top 5 when it comes to increasing your metabolism.

1: High intensity / Interval based cardio: 4 plus times a week.

2: Hot foods: Add chilli and hot spices to your meals to increase your core temp which helps raise your metabolism.

3: Hit the Weights: At least 3 times a week, circuits are best.

4: Green Tea: Is one of the main ingredients in the more naturally derived fat burner tablets. Drink 3-5 cups a day.

5: Cinnamon: Ditto – cinnamon is also common in naturally based fat burners. Add cinnamon to your morning porridge, to your smoothies, on yoghurt, on your banana on toast in the morning or as a snack.

So save your money; you don’t need store bought fat burners to increase your metabolism. Use natural foods and exercise at high intensity to get the same results and along the way you will gain the added benefits of increased cardio fitness and strength and a greater sense of wellbeing than a tablet will give you.

On that, it is worth reading the fine print on those tablets telling you that if you combine the tablets with a healthy diet and exercise you will get better results – hmmm…

Comments