My training week...

I just had an email from one of my lovely ladies mentioning she would love to see what I eat / train in a day and I haven't done this in a little bit so here goes...  

TRAINING: Today -AM: Swim 45 min endurance set, Reformer Pilates 45 min PM: Run 40 minutes 
Tuesday - AM: Taekwondo 1 hour, Bike 1 hour, Chest / Tri's 45 mins 
Wednesday - AM: Swim 1 hour speed session, Shoulders 40 min PM: Run - speed session 40 min Thursday - AM: Taekwondo 1 hour PM: Bike - hill session 1 hour 
Friday - AM: Taekwondo PM: Run with tri squad Saturday - AM: Bike 1.5 hours, Back & Biceps 45 min Sunday - whenever I get there!! Swim 45 minutes - drill session  

NUTRITION: 
Meal 1:tea with skim, no sugar. 1 slice multi grain toast with jam and 1/2 banana 
Meal 2: Oats made with water, skim milk and 1/2 banana and 2 tbs vanilla yoghurt & flax oil 
Meal 3:Nuts and fruit 
Meal 4:Fetta salad, wholewheat wrap with salmon and lettuce and cream cheese 
Meal 5:Tub yoghurt and fruit Meal 6:Salmon and steamed veg, microwave potato - all clean 
Meal 7:1/2 cup cottage cheese and berries 
PLUS: Protein powder and glutamine in water after weights sessions and taekwondo and Powerade before, during and after cardio sessions.  
I'm sitting on around 2500 cal per day. I need to drop a little bodyfat but am not cutting calories as I want to hang on to muscle mass and dropping bodyfat will take care of itself with all the training. 
Energy and muscle are more important than low bodyfat in the lead up to my first tri season.  
As far as supplements go right now I am taking GNC Women's Mutli, GNC Glutamine for recovery, GNC 100% Whey Protein, Korean Ginseng in vial or liquid form for overall health and wellbeing, Mega B (because I can be a stress head!), Glucosamine and Chondroitin for my dodgy joints, celery for a more natural anti inflam, Fish oil and flax oil.  
I am about to begin taking creatine again to help with increasing my muscle mass. This always upsets my tummy and I feel bloated and retain fluid BUT the gains are worth it.  
Boy I feel like a walking pill bottle!!  
I drink at least 3 litres of water a day and try to have green tea once a day but coffee usually wins out.  
Any questions fire away :)

Comments