Sunday 14th June 2009






Some photo's from our trip away.
One is just before the marathon in Paris; you can see the Arc de Triumph in the background.  
Paris was so beautiful and what better way to see it than run around its streets!
The other pics are on the promenade in Nice. One from our hotel entrance, one of the hotel and others of the promenade.
I ran along the promenade and back and it was just wonderful. 
I felt super fast on the way out and figured I was either feeling exceptionally good or the trip back was going to be rough - it was like running into a brick wall on the way back the wind was so strong. Only took 20 seconds longer on the way back so pretty good effort all things considered.
From first thing in the morning (when I ran) till very late at night (we stayed opposite) the promenade was constantly busy with runners - it was awesome.

Training has been going ok - I am still not running; turns out I did a bit more damage to my foot than I first thought. I am signed up to run the 5k at Run Melbourne with at least one first timer so it will be a nice easy run that day to ensure Hillary runs the whole 5k which is her goal - she will do it for sure.

My kicking is almost back to full strength and my taekwondo fitness overall is good now. I definitely feel my old self being back at training. 
Never, ever going to take a break that long again for any reason.
5th dan is on the horizon for me next year so this year will be all about continuing to grow and develop into the Martial Artist I want to be as a 5th degree black belt. Quite an exciting journey.

Busy week this week with meetings in Melbourne a couple of days this week which always makes training a juggling act but as the school holidays are looming close I have a lot I need to get done before they hit.

I have just booked a lovely place to stay on Phillip Island for the second week of the holidays. As I was away for the whole of the last school holidays I really want to enjoy time with the kids this holidays. Can't wait!!














Comments