Monday 22nd June 2009

Always a busy time before the school hols as I try to get a bunch of stuff done so my workload is light over the holidays so I can spend time with the kids; this time is no different. Started the week with RPM this morning followed by a Chest & Tri session then physio. I pulled up really well from my run on Thursday and will head out again on Wednesday. Tomorrow I have taekwondo, swim and boxing so I think I am pushing it adding a run into the mix. I am very much looking forward to my week at Phillip Island with the kids; I don't care if it rains everyday I will still love it! I plan to run each day before the kids get up and just enjoy being near the beach and spending time with the kids. Nothing much will change training wise next week as taekwondo is still on, boxing is still on and weights will get done as well. I thought about going to the gym at the Island to keep up the weights but think I'll just be happy with running and hanging out with the kids. I might just pack some dumbells to take with me in case I feel the urge! Pretty quiet weekend. Saturday I met with my tri coach for a one on one swim lesson that was unbelievably helpful. I reckon I'll be swimming heaps faster (and easier) now. Sunday I drove Cody and his mate Travis to Riverslide Skate Park next to the Yarra and then walked along the Yarra and checked out the market and grabbed a coffee by the river before spending ages in Mary Martins bookstore. The rest of Sunday was about shopping and housework unfortunately but I do like waking up Monday morning knowing I don't have to find time for all that as well as training and work! Chloe has dance so I am about to go pick her up and drop her there and then go get Cody from his maths tutor. He is doing so well at those sessions. He and the tutor did 7 pages of maths last week. His tutor is very happy with him as am I. Friday night Chloe ran with the tri squad (my last session watching!!) and did 1k warm-up, 2k main set and a 1k time trial before cooling down. Big effort for her. Some of those young guys at the club are amazing - I heard Nick call their 1k's in the 2 minutes!!! Won't be trying to keep up with them!

Comments