Tues 28th April 09

After around 6 months away from my beloved taekwondo due to marathon training I am finally back at it. This has been my longest break from taekwondo in almost 18 years - I think I had 3 weeks off after each of my kids were born and trained the days I had them!! It feels so great to be back, I can't even describe it and even better news is a girl (now lady!!) I used to train has started at the school I train with. We used to train together for comps and she is really strong so it will really lift my training too so I am pumped. Not the best way to start today as I did my first pump class in years yesterday and can hardly walk today. When you are kicking above your head for most of the class sore hammies are not a lot of fun but you couldn't get the smile off my face just being back. Pump class was fun yesterday but it is nowhere near as hard as the circuit workouts I write for you guys so it is a good reminder for me to see what they are doing in the classes right now. Tonight we have the bigger kids parent / teacher interviews then little Chloe and I are off to swim with the triathlon squad at 7pm. It is cold and wet and I'll be taking some warm clothes to rug up in when I finish up after tonights session. I am enjoying being back in my world, eating healthy again and most of all I am enjoying having fun with my training again. Marathon training was taking its toll in the end - I had had about enough of long, slow and steady runs I can tell you. I'm glad of the experience though. Knowing I can run those distances puts a lot of other things into perspective that's for sure. I didn't think it had done much for my fitness (too low intensity) but at Taekwondo today I felt really comfortable all class even though we didn't stop the whole hour so it must have helped somehow. Tomorrow morning I start my beginner group of ladies on their 5k training which should be a hoot. We are going to sessions on Wednesdays and Saturdays with them getting together to fit in another run during the week. Ahh... it is so good to be back :)

Comments