Monday 23rd Feb 2009

I think I enjoyed my sessions even more this morning because I took the weekend off training which is usually unheard of.My body was tired last week and I aborted 2 runs midway as the week progressed which told me it was time to take a physical and mental holiday.Worked a treat.

I started today with a great upper body workout at the gym then went to my physio's for a reformer pilates workout. A lot of people know what reformer pilates is but there are still many who have never heard of it so I have included a picture of a reformer.


My body feels fantastic after a session and in the few weeks I have been working with Andrew I have seen some major improvements in my form both on the reformer and off it during my runs.

I had done reformer pilates before but the difference this time is that I am doing clinical pilates and it is very specific to the sports I currently do and the injuries I have - very prescriptive unlike a general class.

It has been a few weeks since the kids went back to school but today is probably the first day I have felt the peace and quiet of the kids being gone as I have been able to get on top of everything that was put on hold over the holidays.

Nothing better than a shiny clean house and knowing all the washing is done and no-one to mess up the house for a few hours!!

I have been putting off organising exactly where the kids will stay and for how long while we are away - I just haven't wanted to think about it but I finally bit the bullet today and pulled out the diary, made some phone calls etc and am almost done, just a couple of mums to call tonight then I can relax about it.

We come back the night before term starts back right on peak hour traffic heading through Melbourne - fantastic!!!I must say though I am feeling much better about things now knowing the kids are sorted so now I can stop stressing about it.

Tomorrow is a run and massage - I'm dropping my swim from tomorrow as I am beginning to feel the effects of all the distance running and need to listen to my body so I don't crash and burn a few weeks out from the Marathon.

Comments