Friday 18th Oct 2008

I have been feeling pretty good since the Half Marathon on Sunday. More tired than usual but that is to be expected given the conditions on the day. I don't think it matters how much fluid you get into you on days like that you still end up a bit dehydrated.
An easy week this week as planned. Took Monday off completely and Tuesday I went for a recovery swim. I felt so great in the swim I ended up doing 60 laps back to back - 1.5km - I had never swam that far in one go before but I hit my stride and could have gone all day, could easily have done another 20 laps but was conscious this was supposed to be a recovery swim. After that I hit the spa and the steam room to stretch out in the heat before my massage.As always I thought my massage would be fairly painless as my body felt great but as soon as Sam started I could feel how sore my muscles were in deep. Wednesday another swim and steam and yesterday I went for a walk along the path beside railway track.It felt so nice to be out walking in the sunshine enjoying my surroundings. I can't remember the last time I went for a walk, it was really lovely. I'm going to head out for another shortly.
I won't start running again till the middle of next week I'd say, even though I feel pretty good my energy is still a bit low and I won't risk pushing it and ending up sick or injured with my marathon training not too far away now.
Tonight the 2 Chloe's are off to the Physio again. Big Chloe seems to have overcome her ankle injury - she pulled up really well after the 10k on Sunday but she will continue to see the physio for a bit longer to make sure she is 100%.Little Chloe has inherited her mothers flat feet (as has Cody) so she is being fitted for moulded insoles so she doesn't end up with injuries down the track from not being aligned correctly.
Little Chloe comes back from Camp today; I have been missing her a lot so it will be nice to spend time with her over the weekend.
Since we got Cody's skate ramp he comes home from school - usually with 4 or 5 other boys in tow - comes in and exchanges his school bag for his skateboard and I don't see him till every other kid has to go home. My kids have always been fit and don't carry any extra weight at all but Cody is really leaning out and developing quite a nice 6 pack from all the skating. He is also adding to his "scar count" on a daily basis. His legs are terrible, always a mass of bruises and scars from falls, his arms are not too far behind.Code likes to remind me that as Bart (Simpson) says "Chicks dig scars" so he isn't at all bothered.
Time to get some work done along with some washing because no doubt Chloe will come back from camp with a nice big pile for me :)

Comments