Monday 25th August 2008

Last week I had a brilliant week of training & recovery.
Monday: Swim / Bike
Tuesday: Run (speed session) / Taekwondo
Wednesday: Run
Thursday: Swim / Taekwondo
Friday: Run (speed session) / Weights
Saturday: Bike / Swim
Sunday: Run / Weights

Every session was quallity and I recovered really well each day so looking to repeat this week.
The niggly sore throat turned out to be nothing and has gone completely which was a bonus - everyone has been so sick and I was really anxious I would end up having to take a week off but with less than a week of winter left it looks like I got through winter relatively unscathed - hooray!!

The sun is finally out today and looks like hanging around so my mood is much improved :)
Yesterday I had the best run ever; the weather was perfect for it and even though I had a full on week of training I felt fresh for most of it and am well on track for the Melbourne Half in October.

Now the Olympics are over I might be able to get some work done and also catch up on some sleep. Between the Olympics and the Tour de France I haven't been getting the sleep I would like.

I cannot believe the Cuban taekwondo guy kicking the referee in the face. That goes against everything we stand for and I am appalled. The poor ref was just doing his job and the Cuban knows the rules - you don't get to be an Olympic competitor and not know you have 1 minute injury break. I am completely disgusted and hope we are not all branded a bunch of thugs because one meat head has no control. His life ban is well deserved and I hope they don't reneg on that one.

Comments